How to calculate the flux of SPAN Port?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Prfone Wang, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. Prfone Wang

    Prfone Wang Guest

    I set a span port on Cisco Catalyst 2948G ,just useing the following
    command:
    Console> (enable) set span 2/1-3 2/4 both inpkts enable
    SPAN destination port incoming packets enabled.
    Enabled monitoring of Port 2/1-3 transmit/receive traffic by Port 2/4

    but,when I check the flux of 2/1-4 ports, I find the flux of port 2/4
    is not sum of the flux of 2/1-3. Then Can anyone explain the reasons
    to me ?thanx .

    Console> (enable) show span
    Admin Source : Port 2/1-3
    Oper Source : Port 2/1-3
    Destination : Port 2/4
    Direction : transmit/receive
    Incoming Packets: enabled

    Console> (enable) show port mac

    Port Rcv-Unicast Rcv-Multicast Rcv-Broadcast
    -------- -------------------- --------------------
    --------------------
    2/1 78813 0
    1
    2/2 10123 0
    0
    2/3 0 0
    0
    2/4 542 0
    0
    Port Xmit-Unicast Xmit-Multicast Xmit-Broadcast
    -------- -------------------- --------------------
    --------------------
    2/1 75456 6643
    815