    Thanks.

    --
    2007 MVP for ASP.NET

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=, Nov 24, 2006

  2. "Jeff Chu (MVP)" <> wrote

    > In the section of 70-536 and 70-526, I took a higher score (I think 95%
    > for
    > 70-536 and 85-90% for 70-526), and 70-548 take lower score (but more than
    > 60%), but the final score report displayed only 589...
    >
    > Can anyone explain how upgrade exam to calculate the final score and
    > sectional score?

    Those really confused me as well. In looking at the score reports, there
    were sections that I did very well on. There were also a section or two that
    I didn't do as well on. (this applies to both the 553 & 554 exams).

    I tried for a bit to figure out how they calculated the final "score" for
    the exam, and never got there.

    For example, in looking at the charts, I would see:

    section 1: 95%
    section 2: 95%
    section 3: 70%

    Final Score: 720

    (I don't remember the exact numbers, but that's a rough approximation).

    I would really have like to know how this wasy determined...

    --
    Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise
    http://www.coversant.net/blogs/cmullins

    Chris Mullins, Nov 24, 2006

  3. Thanks for your reply.

    I think the Professional series exam is focused on Design and Develop
    Solution, coding skills is not important point for this certification.
    (That's MCTS focus)

    I tried exam 70-554, and scored 820 for following section scores:

    Exam 70-529: 80%
    Exam 70-549: 85%

    so... I think the sectioal scoring may use:

    Coding exams: 30-40% (including 70-551, 70-552 and 70-554)
    Design exam: 60-70% (including 70-551, 70-552 and 70-554)

    But, 70-553 may not apply to this rule:

    Foundation: 30%
    Windows Application Development: 35%
    Web Application Development: 35%

    (All contents is based on my think :p )

    A big problem is no any official training materials (MOC, Training Kits) to
    prepare professional series exam, most training source comes from my
    experiences.... :)

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=, Nov 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=

    Thor Guest

    If I am allowed to guess (though not qualified) I would say that they use
    the lowest score of the exams they are meant to cover?
    53

    Thor, Nov 25, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=

    Guest

    I have had the same problem. I've now failed the MCPD Web upgrade exam
    (70-551) twice, despite scoring what looks like 90% in 2 sections of
    the exam and in the region of 70% in the 3rd section. I achieved scores
    of 570 and 648. I would like to take it again but its hard to know
    where to study more as it does not tell me where I need to improve! I'm
    contemplating taking the 3 exams separately now. Does anyone know if
    Upgrade exams are marked differently to other exams. I've always worked
    on Microsoft scores being out of 1000, is it possible that Upgrade
    exams are out of, for example, 800? This is the only way I can imagine
    that my cumulative scores only come to 648 despite scoring an average
    of 80+%. Either that or they do take the minimum score of the 3 exams.
    Can I ask if anyone has scored 1000 points in this exam?

    Very frustrating.

    , Dec 16, 2006
  6. I already passed Exam 70-552 scored 900 today (4th try)...

    Each Section Result:

    70-526: 90% -- By Visual Studio 2005 Docs for Win Development and
    experiences
    70-536: 100% -- By Self-Paced Training Kit and experiences
    70-548: 100% -- NO OFFICIAL MATERIALS

    So... I think the sectional result might be calculated by:

    70-536: 30-33%
    70-526: 30-33%
    70-548: 33-40%

    --
    2007 MVP for ASP.NET

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=, Dec 16, 2006
  7. I passed 70553 and failed 70551.
    in both cases the final score was exactly the minor section score

    Marcos Mellibovsky

    mensaje news:...

    Marcos Mellibovsky, Dec 24, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=

    addisuhg Guest

    Jeff Chu (MVP);7049356 Wrote:
    > I already passed Exam 70-552 scored 900 today (4th try)...
    >
    > Each Section Result:
    >
    > 70-526: 90% -- By Visual Studio 2005 Docs for Win Development and
    > experiences
    > 70-536: 100% -- By Self-Paced Training Kit and experiences
    > 70-548: 100% -- NO OFFICIAL MATERIALS
    >
    > So... I think the sectional result might be calculated by:
    >
    > 70-536: 30-33%
    > 70-526: 30-33%
    > 70-548: 33-40%
    >
    > --
    > 2007 MVP for ASP.NET

    I failed 551 last week when i took the exam just to give it a shot
    before my voucher expires. I thin, they take the list result from the
    three sections. I got above 900 on the first two sections and on the
    last one, i got less than 500 and my result is 441. So, we have to pass
    on all the three sections of the exams, i.e. we should score above 700
    on all the exams.
    That is what i am guessing.

    --
    addisuhg

    addisuhg, Jan 2, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=

    eralper Guest

    I think, we should fullfill the requirement of 700 from all three exams, so
    if you fail we can be sure that the exam score reflects the minimum score
    among the three. I guess it is not an overall score of the full exam.

    Eralper
    http://www.kodyaz.com

    eralper, Dec 5, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBDaHUgKE1WUCk=?=