    At present, is there any recognized way to calculate it ?

    If you would help, I would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    , Feb 21, 2006

  2. wrote on 21 Feb 2006 07:49:47 -0800:

    R> Is there anybody would do me a favor?

    R> I want to know ' How to calculate print coverage' ?

    R> At present, is there any recognized way to calculate it ?

    Could you give more details? I am not sure what you mean by
    "print coverage"

    James Silverton.
    James Silverton, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hey,

    Refer to the following page:
    http://209.196.177.41/01/01-09.htm

    Basically, you need to look for how to convert PIXEL to Inches... I
    hope this would clear your concerns.

    Later,
    Ketan

    wrote:
    > Hi, everyone here!
    >
    > Is there anybody would do me a favor?
    >
    > I want to know ' How to calculate print coverage' ?
    >
    > At present, is there any recognized way to calculate it ?
    >
    > If you would help, I would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    , Feb 21, 2006
  4. I'm not sure what exactly it is that you're trying to find out. Is is to
    find out exactly how much of the paper your printer will cover? If so do
    you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

    Andrew

    <> wrote in message
    Hi, everyone here!

    Andrew Bealing, Feb 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    Hey, thank you!
    I mean : print out one page of file, how much ink would coverage the
    one paper? hwo about its percentage? As I know that there are many
    printer manufactures have their own standard way to calculate ink
    coverage of each printing paper? such as 5% sample paper, 8%,.etc. Is
    there a reconganized way? How does it calculate?
    Yr reply would be much appreciated.Tks.
    , Feb 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    Ink/toner consumption is usually described by printer vendors as the
    number
    of A4 pages with 5% filling (normal text), which can be printed using
    one
    cartridge. Is there any recognized way to help to measure the ink/toner

    coverage density of the page before printing...^^ I want to know, Thank
    you
    , Feb 22, 2006
  7. bugbear Guest

    wrote:
    > Ink/toner consumption is usually described by printer vendors as the
    > number
    > of A4 pages with 5% filling (normal text), which can be printed using
    > one
    > cartridge. Is there any recognized way to help to measure the ink/toner
    >
    > coverage density of the page before printing...^^ I want to know, Thank
    > you

    I understand.

    Ink is normally used in a CMYK fashion.
    These are normally described in percentages
    (100% K is pure black ink).

    So to calculate ink coverage for your photo,
    convert RGB -> CMYK.

    This is easily done (roughly) by:

    C = 1 - ( R / 255 )
    M = 1 - ( G / 255 )
    Y = 1 - ( B / 255 )

    Then

    K = min(C,Y,M)
    and

    C -= K
    M -= K
    Y -= K

    These are all in the 0-255 range, so divide by 100 to get percentages
    FOR EACH INK,
    and then add them together for total ink.

    This gives you coverage for a pixel.
    Then average all the pixels, and you have your answer.

    If you can get an average for your image in RGB first
    (possibly from a histogram or something) that might help.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Feb 22, 2006
  8. Guest

    ^^, Acknowledged.Thank you, BugBear..

    Now I have major concept of Calculating Coverage.

    Then the key is what you said [ get an average for your image in RGB
    first ].
    Okay, I will try to searching for ways to get RGB!

    Thank you. Kind friend.Happy days!
    , Feb 22, 2006