    Thanks Carlos, but I can't even get that far. It's the start-up logon that I
    can't figure out. It doesn't let me choose a user, just a logon screen pops
    up.
    Janice, Apr 25, 2009

  2. If you search the internet 'find administrator password windows xp' you
    may find a solution that will work for you.

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 25, 2009

  3. Janice

    tlpenn Guest

    Hello Janice,

    I was reading the replies.....here is something to try, just in case (I did
    not see this suggestion)....if you know the admin password.

    At the login screen, hold the ctrl+alt and hit the DEL key twice in a row.
    This will bring up the logon box where you change the user to administrator
    and try it...both if you know its password or in case it does not have one.
    Hope this helps!!!

    tlpenn, May 1, 2009