    again buy a 32 bit business edition and then apply for upgrade and this may
    take upto 15 days.please help me out

    Thanks in Avdnace for all your help
    =?Utf-8?B?cHJvamxlYWRlcg==?=, Mar 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvamxlYWRlcg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You need two licenses to run on two different systems. Your vendor is
    correct. The only version that comes with both disks (86 and 64) is the
    Ultimate. The cost in the US is around $10 shipping cost for the second
    disk.

    John Barnes, Mar 6, 2007

  3. Thanks a Bunch John,

    so to summarize,if i need windows vista 64 bit, first i should buy the 32
    bit DVD and use the product key to order online for 64 bit once i get the 64
    bit dvd i should upgrade it on the same machine.

    i hope i understood correctly,Thanks again for your help

    =?Utf-8?B?cHJvamxlYWRlcg==?=, Mar 6, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvamxlYWRlcg==?=

    Theo Guest

    You would not be able to upgrade a 32-bit installation to a
    64-bit installation. 64-bit requires a clean install.

    Theo, Mar 6, 2007
  5. you are correct Theo to go from 32 bit to 64 is a clean install. pain in the
    you Know where!!! but correct.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=, Mar 6, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvamxlYWRlcg==?=

    DP Guest

    If you can order from New Egg (i.e., if they will deliver to you in India)
    you can get the OEM version of Vista Business 64 bit for $199.

    DP, Mar 7, 2007
  7. you can purchase the vista 64 disk from microsoft, they will ship to you from
    microsoft site. As for extra lic you can also purchase them useing your
    existing disk's much cheaper then purchasing full retail.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=, Mar 7, 2007
  8. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/64bit.mspx

    The web site above will answer your question and provide way to order from
    Microsoft..cheap if you have 32 bit already...

    =?Utf-8?B?cmV0aXJlZCBmaXJl?=, Mar 7, 2007