    Any clues on how to get this without being gouged?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    MarkREMOVEANIMALCranness at hotdogmail.com
    Mark Cranness, Apr 4, 2005

  2. "Mark Cranness" <> wrote in message
    news:4250a934$0$89537$...
    >I want/need to buy an MSDN Enterprise subscription, but am aghast at
    > high local prices.
    >
    > It can be had for ~ US$1600 in the US (~NZ$2300), but seems to be
    > NZ$4100 or higher for sale on NZ sites.
    >
    > Surely there is a world market for software?
    > (And it's not like I'm ever going to use the local support...)
    >
    > Any clues on how to get this without being gouged?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark
    >
    > MarkREMOVEANIMALCranness at hotdogmail.com

    Hi Mark,
    my recommendation would be to investigate the Empower program
    https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40010429?camp=isvlaunch&origin=PrintAd
    or hold on for a few days when we will be announcing an MSDN promotion. This
    timing of this announcement is likely to coincide with the first of the
    Connect05 events http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/connect/

    HTH

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Mark Cranness

    Daniel Guest

    Brett Roberts wrote:

    > Hi Mark,
    > my recommendation would be to investigate the Empower program
    > https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40010429?camp=isvlaunch&origin=PrintAd
    > or hold on for a few days when we will be announcing an MSDN promotion. This
    > timing of this announcement is likely to coincide with the first of the
    > Connect05 events http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/connect/
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    That's an impressive suite for that price.

    Is there an additional final confirmation process before it can be
    purchased (i.e. someone manually verifies whether applicant meets
    requirements), or is it just a matter of agreeing with the T&C and then
    purchasing immediately.

    Thanks.
    Daniel, Apr 5, 2005
  4. Re: How to buy MSDN Subscription without extortionate NZ prices? <- Thank You!

    "Brett Roberts" <> wrote in

    > my recommendation would be to investigate the Empower program
    > https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40010429?camp=isvlaunch&origin=PrintAd
    > or hold on for a few days when we will be announcing
    > an MSDN promotion. This timing of this announcement is likely to
    > coincide with the first of the Connect05 events
    > http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/connect/

    Excellent!

    Thank you.
    Mark Cranness, Apr 5, 2005