    Where and how can I buy the correct format DVD in US for French users?
    Thank you.

    , Feb 5, 2007

  2. wrote:

    >Where and how can I buy the correct format DVD in US for French users?

    If it has to be Region 2, I would go to amazon.co.uk or amazon.fr. Have them
    ship it to your friend.

    Kimba W. Lion, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Feb 5, 3:37 pm, Kimba W. Lion <KimbaWLion> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >Where and how can I buy the correct format DVD in US for French users?

    > If it has to be Region 2, I would go to amazon.co.uk or amazon.fr. Have them
    > ship it to your friend.

    it does sound like an idea but I am afraid i have to buy it here, in
    US. it's a gift, you see...
    does it look like i have no other options? do they sell dvds region 2
    in USA?

    , Feb 5, 2007
  4. John Howells Guest

    <> wrote

    > I live in the USA and someone from France asked me to buy a DVD movie
    > as a gift. I know that France has a different format for DVDs (Region
    > 2 compared to American region 1).
    > Where and how can I buy the correct format DVD in US for French users?

    Fundamentally you can't, as a US retailer would have no reason to supply
    such disks to a market of R1 players unable to play them, where only an
    extremely tiny minority of enthusiasts have all region players. There are a
    very limited number of R0 disks, which means they will work in a player for
    any region, but they can be difficult to determine, as many such are
    nevertheless reported as R1 on the box. Some more recent 'catalogue' titles
    (such as Adventures of Robin Hood, and Grand Prix) are marked as R1 to R4
    inclusive on the disk, but reported as R1 on the box.

    As already noted, your best bet is Amazon in the UK, France or Germany.

    John Howells

    John Howells, Feb 5, 2007
  5. Go to http://www.happyhunter.com/ and click the US flag. It'll then
    let you search sites for your movie so it can be shipped to the USA.
    Then you can wrap it with b-day paper or whatever the event and send
    it on it's way. I get UK DVDs like this all the time. Plus you can
    even search for a particular Region Code or all.

    Cheers!

    Jonathan Brisby, Feb 6, 2007
  6. Jonathan Brisby <> wrote:

    >Go to http://www.happyhunter.com/ and click the US flag. It'll then
    >let you search sites for your movie so it can be shipped to the USA.
    >Then you can wrap it with b-day paper or whatever the event and send
    >it on it's way. I get UK DVDs like this all the time. Plus you can
    >even search for a particular Region Code or all.

    If gift wrap is the issue, it'd still be cheaper and faster to have Amazon
    wrap it and ship it than to ship it overseas twice.

    Kimba W. Lion, Feb 6, 2007
  7. SoHillsGuy Guest

    On Feb 5, 3:37 pm, Kimba W. Lion <KimbaWLion> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >Where and how can I buy the correct format DVD in US for French users?

    > If it has to be Region 2, I would go to amazon.co.uk or amazon.fr. Have them
    > ship it to your friend.

    I'd also suggest going with amazon.co.uk. They are one of the few
    online retailers who actually bother to drop the VAT in sales outside
    of the UK. So, even after you click on a price to place an order, it
    will end up being lower on the online shopping cart page.

    SoHillsGuy, Feb 6, 2007
  8. Sean Black Guest

    In article <>,
    writes
    >Hello,
    >I live in the USA and someone from France asked me to buy a DVD movie
    >as a gift. I know that France has a different format for DVDs (Region
    >2 compared to American region 1).

    Are you sure they aren't already aware of this and already have a
    multi-region player?

    If they have just buy a standard US region 1 DVD.

    Certainly most people in the UK have easy access to multi-region
    players, I would imagine France would be the same.

    --
    Sean Black

    Sean Black, Feb 6, 2007