    GBP 75.00
    Item number: 130073064653

    , Feb 3, 2007

  2. Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Is this lense good and worthed to buy??
    >
    > GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    > on www.ebay.co.uk
    > GBP 75.00
    > Item number: 130073064653

    That depends on your needs.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Hoover Guest

    WTF is a "lense"?

    Hoover, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Hoover wrote:
    > WTF is a "lense"?

    It's a misspelling of lens. Some do it on purpose to be unique.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Keith Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Is this lense good and worthed to buy??
    >
    > GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    > on www.ebay.co.uk
    > GBP 75.00
    > Item number: 130073064653

    It's Lens not Lense

    Keith, Feb 3, 2007
  6. King Sardon Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:12:41 -0800, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >Hoover wrote:
    >> WTF is a "lense"?
    >>

    >It's a misspelling of lens. Some do it on purpose to be unique.

    :)

    Very true.

    KS

    King Sardon, Feb 3, 2007
  7. J. Clarke Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 17:32:14 GMT, King Sardon <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:12:41 -0800, John McWilliams
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hoover wrote:
    >>> WTF is a "lense"?
    >>>

    >>It's a misspelling of lens. Some do it on purpose to be unique.

    > :)
    >
    >Very true.

    Kind of like the legions of "Debi"s and "Kathi"s and "Cyndi"s and so
    on in the '60s.

    J. Clarke, Feb 3, 2007
  8. King Sardon Guest

    On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:12:06 +0000, (Keith) wrote:

    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Is this lense good and worthed to buy??
    >>
    >> GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    >> on www.ebay.co.uk
    >> GBP 75.00
    >> Item number: 130073064653

    >It's Lens not Lense

    It's worth, not worthed.

    Anyway, the 75-300mm is considered to be a decent lens but possibly
    not that great at the 300mm end. And you would probably want to use
    the 300 mm end a lot.

    Check out Google and make sure you are looking at the correct flavor
    of the 75-300mm varieties.

    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/EF-lenses/EF75300mm/index3.htm
    http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=008kQE

    KS

    King Sardon, Feb 3, 2007
  9. Charles Schuler, Feb 3, 2007
  10. ASAAR Guest

    On 3 Feb 2007 05:23:05 -0800, wrote:

    > Is this lense good and worthed to buy??
    >
    > GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    > on www.ebay.co.uk
    > GBP 75.00
    > Item number: 130073064653

    You might get informed answers if you're interested in buying one
    that is new. But about Item number 130073064653, nobody but the
    seller really knows. It may be for sale because it was dropped and
    no longer focuses accurately, or it may have been driven locally by
    a cautious little old lady that doesn't get out much. For all we
    know, *you* may be the eBay seller of that lens(e), which is not an
    unwarranted assumption given your use of google groups and hotmail.

    ASAAR, Feb 3, 2007
  11. Sbosic Guest

    On Feb 4, 12:21 am, ASAAR <> wrote:
    > On 3 Feb 2007 05:23:05 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > > Is this lense good and worthed to buy??

    > > GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    > > onwww.ebay.co.uk
    > > GBP 75.00
    > > Item number: 130073064653

    > You might get informed answers if you're interested in buying one
    > that is new. But about Item number 130073064653, nobody but the
    > seller really knows. It may be for sale because it was dropped and
    > no longer focuses accurately, or it may have been driven locally by
    > a cautious little old lady that doesn't get out much. For all we
    > know, *you* may be the eBay seller of that lens(e), which is not an
    > unwarranted assumption given your use of google groups and hotmail.

    Thanks everybody for the information given. Sorry for the spelling
    mistake.
    I am not the seller of the LENS, infact I am the higher bidder, and
    the only one.
    I just wanted to know if it is value for me.
    GBP75 , i think, it is not bad, considered that it is Canon
    original...and not imitation.

    Any other help will be useful.
    I hope i did the right step to bid on it.
    Thanks guys.

    Sbosic, Feb 3, 2007
  12. King Sardon Guest

    On 3 Feb 2007 15:48:08 -0800, "Sbosic" <> wrote:

    >On Feb 4, 12:21 am, ASAAR <> wrote:
    >> On 3 Feb 2007 05:23:05 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is this lense good and worthed to buy??

    >> > GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    >> > onwww.ebay.co.uk
    >> > GBP 75.00
    >> > Item number: 130073064653

    >> You might get informed answers if you're interested in buying one
    >> that is new. But about Item number 130073064653, nobody but the
    >> seller really knows. It may be for sale because it was dropped and
    >> no longer focuses accurately, or it may have been driven locally by
    >> a cautious little old lady that doesn't get out much. For all we
    >> know, *you* may be the eBay seller of that lens(e), which is not an
    >> unwarranted assumption given your use of google groups and hotmail.

    >Thanks everybody for the information given. Sorry for the spelling
    >mistake.
    >I am not the seller of the LENS, infact I am the higher bidder, and
    >the only one.
    >I just wanted to know if it is value for me.
    >GBP75 , i think, it is not bad, considered that it is Canon
    >original...and not imitation.
    >
    >Any other help will be useful.
    >I hope i did the right step to bid on it.
    >Thanks guys.

    Good luck. If you "win" the lens, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun
    with it.

    KS

    King Sardon, Feb 4, 2007
  13. Bandicoot Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > Hoover wrote:
    > > WTF is a "lense"?
    > >

    > It's a misspelling of lens. Some do it on purpose to be unique.

    There's absolutely nothing unique about stupidity.

    Peter

    Bandicoot, Feb 4, 2007
  14. Bandicoot Guest

    "Sbosic" <> wrote in message
    [SNIP]

    > Thanks everybody for the information given. Sorry for the
    > spelling mistake. I am not the seller of the LENS, infact I am
    > the higher bidder, and the only one.
    > I just wanted to know if it is value for me.
    > GBP75 , i think, it is not bad, considered that it is Canon
    > original...and not imitation.

    Sounds good at that price.

    Peter

    Bandicoot, Feb 4, 2007
  15. Bandicoot wrote:
    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >> Hoover wrote:
    >>> WTF is a "lense"?
    >>>

    >> It's a misspelling of lens. Some do it on purpose to be unique.
    >>

    > There's absolutely nothing unique about stupidity.

    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    - Albert Einstein

    The above is a tag line I sometimes append at random, sometimes not so
    random.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  16. ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:38:10 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:

    >> There's absolutely nothing unique about stupidity.

    > "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    > - Albert Einstein

    "It's such a fine line between stupid, an'... " -- David St. Hubbins
    " ... and clever." -- Derek Smalls

    ASAAR, Feb 4, 2007
  17. ASAAR wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:38:10 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>> There's absolutely nothing unique about stupidity.

    >> "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    >> - Albert Einstein

    > "It's such a fine line between stupid, an'... " -- David St. Hubbins
    > " ... and clever." -- Derek Smalls

    Interesting to combine two snippets like so. Could you elaborate?

    And I don't happen to agree with the sentiment, fwiw (nada).

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  18. ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:23:18 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:

    >> "It's such a fine line between stupid, an'... " -- David St. Hubbins
    >> " ... and clever." -- Derek Smalls

    > Interesting to combine two snippets like so. Could you elaborate?

    It's dialog from Reiner's This Is Spinal Tap, spoken by two of the
    band's members. You know (maybe not) the film where Nigel Tufnel, a
    third member of the band played by Christopher Guest famously says
    of his amp. that has a volume control that goes to 11 instead of 10:

    :> Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board,
    :> eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    :> Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    :> Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    :> Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    :> Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most
    :> blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the
    :> way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar.
    :> Where can you go from there? Where?
    :> Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    :> Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra
    :> push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    :> Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    :> Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    :> Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be
    :> the top number and make that a little louder?
    :> Nigel Tufnel: [very long pause] These go to eleven.

    > And I don't happen to agree with the sentiment, fwiw (nada).

    Nor should you. These "barely getting by" band members clearly
    lie on one side of the fine line, and you should have no trouble
    guessing which side it is. If, however you're on their side, here's
    a hint. They're not very clever. <g> Very good movie, BTW, even
    if it is a pseudo documentary (some called it a mockumentary) about
    an 80's metal hair band.

    http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/spinal-tap/

    ASAAR, Feb 4, 2007
  19. ASAAR wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:23:18 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>> "It's such a fine line between stupid, an'... " -- David St. Hubbins
    >>> " ... and clever." -- Derek Smalls

    >> Interesting to combine two snippets like so. Could you elaborate?

    > It's dialog from Reiner's This Is Spinal Tap, spoken by two of the
    > band's members. You know (maybe not) the film where Nigel Tufnel, a
    > third member of the band played by Christopher Guest famously says
    > of his amp. that has a volume control that goes to 11 instead of 10:
    >
    > :> Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board,
    > :> eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    > :> Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    > :> Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    > :> Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    > :> Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most
    > :> blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the
    > :> way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar.
    > :> Where can you go from there? Where?
    > :> Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    > :> Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra
    > :> push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    > :> Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    > :> Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    > :> Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be
    > :> the top number and make that a little louder?
    > :> Nigel Tufnel: [very long pause] These go to eleven.
    >

    >> And I don't happen to agree with the sentiment, fwiw (nada).

    > Nor should you. These "barely getting by" band members clearly
    > lie on one side of the fine line, and you should have no trouble
    > guessing which side it is. If, however you're on their side, here's
    > a hint. They're not very clever. <g> Very good movie, BTW, even
    > if it is a pseudo documentary (some called it a mockumentary) about
    > an 80's metal hair band.
    >
    >> This is Spinal Tap was the first feature film ever directed by Rob
    >> Reiner, but the band itself was first invented by its stars, Michael
    >> McKean, Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer, portraying
    >> David St. Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls respectively.
    >>
    >> The band debuted as a throwaway sketch on a forgettable TV
    >> skit comedy show in the late 1970s. Reiner took it on as a film
    >> project, mostly because he was painfully desperate to get people
    >> to stop calling him "Meathead." (It didn't work.)

    > http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/spinal-tap/

    Now there's an answer and a half- thanks. Spinal Tap somehow eluded me
    at the time, and it's near the top of my catchup list. I've enjoyed the
    films with Guest, Shearer, McKean, Levy, O'Hara, Miller, Begley,
    etc.etc., although I haven't seen Guest's latest.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  20. Pete D Guest

    "King Sardon" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:12:06 +0000, (Keith) wrote:
    >
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is this lense good and worthed to buy??
    >>>
    >>> GENUINE CANON EOS 75 - 300 mm F4 - 5.6 Mk III ZOOM LENS
    >>> on www.ebay.co.uk
    >>> GBP 75.00
    >>> Item number: 130073064653

    >>It's Lens not Lense

    > It's worth, not worthed.
    >
    > Anyway, the 75-300mm is considered to be a decent lens but possibly
    > not that great at the 300mm end. And you would probably want to use
    > the 300 mm end a lot.
    >
    > Check out Google and make sure you are looking at the correct flavor
    > of the 75-300mm varieties.
    >
    > http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/EF-lenses/EF75300mm/index3.htm
    > http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=008kQE
    >
    > KS

    Mind you i would never buy one, cos it will not fit my cameras.

    Pete D, Feb 4, 2007