    Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
    and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008

  2. sdlomi2

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <> wrote:
    > I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    > Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
    > those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    > daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
    > I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
    > Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
    > and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    > Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
    You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
    expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
    ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
    mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
    necessary. :) I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

    sandy58, Feb 27, 2008

  3. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <> wrote:
    >> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    >> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I
    >> burn
    >> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    >> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
    >> dvd-player?
    >> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
    >> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer
    >> disc
    >> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    >> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    > sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
    > You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
    > expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
    > ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
    > mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
    > necessary. :) I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

    Thx, sandy58. Pls. check YOUR email for working addy. s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  4. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <> wrote:
    >> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    >> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I
    >> burn
    >> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    >> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
    >> dvd-player?
    >> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
    >> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer
    >> disc
    >> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    >> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    > sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
    > You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
    > expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
    > ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
    > mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
    > necessary. :) I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

    BTW: Think I erred elsewhere. When I d/l'd this movie, just for
    practice of course, there were 8 rar-files. But, each of the 2-8 opened
    rars produced replicas of the 1st one--each one being the complete movie.
    Thus, the movie is only one avi-file--690 mb-worth. BTW, I burned it with
    Nero, as a data disk, and it plays on Win. Med. Player--dunno about other
    players, other than paradoxically (To me!), it wouldn't then play on Nero
    Med. Player--only the sound. s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  5. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "sdlomi2" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    > Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
    > those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    > daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
    > dvd-player? I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also
    > cd's.
    > Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
    > and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    > Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    This email works by removing the obvious--AND reminding me to check that
    box! Thx again, s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  6. sdlomi2

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <> wrote:
    > I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    > Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
    > those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    > daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
    > I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
    > Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
    > and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    > Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    e-mail sent.

    sandy58, Feb 27, 2008
  7. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <> wrote:
    >> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    >> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I
    >> burn
    >> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    >> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
    >> dvd-player?
    >> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
    >> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer
    >> disc
    >> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    >> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    > e-mail sent.

    ...to bellsouth or yahoo? tx, s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  8. sdlomi2

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:49:13 -0500, "sdlomi2" <>
    wrote:

    > I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
    >Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
    >those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
    >daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
    >I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.

    > Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
    >and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?

    Yes

    If you do that, any PC will be able to play them provided it is
    powerful enough and has the required video and audio codecs.

    Your aunt's DVD player might be able to play the AVIs if it is
    designed to play AVIs and if the AVIs don't use "complex encoding"
    (qpel and gmc)

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Feb 27, 2008
  9. sdlomi2

    swordm Guest

    Use Total Video2Dvd Author convert avi movie to video DVD, simply and
    directly, work on home dvd player

    you can download this software FREE:
    http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author/index.htm

    > Easy convert, author and burn Youtube Flv, Avi, Divx, Xvid, Rm, Rmvb, Wmv, Mpeg, Mp4, 3gp, Mkv, Ogm, etc. to DVD Video Disc or ISO image, simply and directly.
    > Support .srt . sub .ssa .ass .smi .psb .tex .idx subtitles;
    > Support dvd menu with background music;
    > Support photo slideshow to dvd;
    > Easy to use, only a few clicks.

    Especial: support download youtube and other video share website
    video, then burn it to dvd.

    swordm, Mar 11, 2008