How to break words?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rindler Sigurd, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. I wonder if the following is possible...
    I need to compile tons of part lists where the text may not exceed 60
    characters over two lines.
    Since the lists are machine-readable, the breaking point at 30 characters is
    no problem and accepted by the client.
    I need to work in MS Word 2000 or in WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS).
    I wonder how to force the program to break words after the limit of 30
    characters has been reached.

    Example:

    (1) HEAT INSULATOR, WEST GATE, SOL
    ENOID VALVE

    (2) SPRING NUT, HORIZONTAL BAR, TR
    ANSMISSION CASE

    Any ideas how to achieve this one in MS Word and in WordPerfect 5.1 without
    a lot of pain?

    Rindler Sigurd, Jul 8, 2003

  2. go to the "view menu" and show the "forms" toolbar. You can then insert a
    "Text Form Field" in the position where you want your input. Right click on
    this field and you get an option to set the length (in characters) of this
    field.
    Hope this helps.

    "Rindler Sigurd" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > I wonder if the following is possible...
    > I need to compile tons of part lists where the text may not exceed 60
    > characters over two lines.
    > Since the lists are machine-readable, the breaking point at 30 characters

    is
    > no problem and accepted by the client.
    > I need to work in MS Word 2000 or in WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS).
    > I wonder how to force the program to break words after the limit of 30
    > characters has been reached.
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > (1) HEAT INSULATOR, WEST GATE, SOL
    > ENOID VALVE
    >
    > (2) SPRING NUT, HORIZONTAL BAR, TR
    > ANSMISSION CASE
    >
    > Any ideas how to achieve this one in MS Word and in WordPerfect 5.1

    without
    > a lot of pain?

    http://www.uncensored-news.com

    Mike Owsburst, Jul 8, 2003