    I do this? In my computer I can't see any queue of documents to print
    so I can't clean them.

    , Apr 11, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a printer that is shared in intranet.Sometimes I need to break
    > the printing process (for example data for print is incorrect).How can
    > I do this? In my computer I can't see any queue of documents to print
    > so I can't clean them.

    Start button\Help, and type in `print queue`, theres lotsa stuff in there.

    beenthere, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a printer that is shared in intranet.Sometimes I need to break
    > the printing process (for example data for print is incorrect).How can
    > I do this? In my computer I can't see any queue of documents to print
    > so I can't clean them.

    If there is a printer icon in the sys tray (bottom right) double click on it
    and the print queue will pop up in a window. Alternatively, click on start,
    printers and faxes, then click on the active printer icon. If there is
    nothing in the queue on your PC then it is most probably too late to stop it
    from there (it may be spooled on the network somewhere for which you will
    have to speak to your network administrator). The only alternative then is
    to hit the cancel job button on the printer if it has one.

    Tony, Apr 11, 2006
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-11, <> wrote:
    > I have a printer that is shared in intranet.Sometimes I need to break
    > the printing process (for example data for print is incorrect).How can
    > I do this? In my computer I can't see any queue of documents to print
    > so I can't clean them.

    You mean the printer is accessed via a LAN? If so there will probably be
    a machine somewhere acting as a 'print server', and that will be the only
    machine that can control a print job once it has been accepted for
    printing. The network supervisor is probably the only person who can
    access the print server. Ask the network supervisor if there is a way for
    you to cancel a print job yourself.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Tony Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-04-11, <> wrote:
    >> I have a printer that is shared in intranet.Sometimes I need to break
    >> the printing process (for example data for print is incorrect).How can
    >> I do this? In my computer I can't see any queue of documents to print
    >> so I can't clean them.

    > You mean the printer is accessed via a LAN? If so there will probably be
    > a machine somewhere acting as a 'print server', and that will be the only
    > machine that can control a print job once it has been accepted for
    > printing. The network supervisor is probably the only person who can
    > access the print server. Ask the network supervisor if there is a way for
    > you to cancel a print job yourself.

    Users can usually cancel their own print jobs on a LAN. They can't cancel
    other users jobs. Printers have built in Ethernet cards these days so a
    print server isn't needed.

    Tony, Apr 11, 2006
  6. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-11, Tony <> wrote:

    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-04-11, <> wrote:
    >>> I have a printer that is shared in intranet.Sometimes I need to break
    >>> the printing process (for example data for print is incorrect).How can
    >>> I do this? In my computer I can't see any queue of documents to print
    >>> so I can't clean them.

    >> You mean the printer is accessed via a LAN? If so there will probably be
    >> a machine somewhere acting as a 'print server', and that will be the only
    >> machine that can control a print job once it has been accepted for
    >> printing. The network supervisor is probably the only person who can
    >> access the print server. Ask the network supervisor if there is a way for
    >> you to cancel a print job yourself.
    >>

    > Users can usually cancel their own print jobs on a LAN.

    Which is something the network administrator should be able to teach the
    user, if that is possible on that particular network ;))

    > They can't cancel
    > other users jobs. Printers have built in Ethernet cards these days so a
    > print server isn't needed.

    /Some/ printers have their own built-in 'server' firmware; not all, by any
    means, and the principle is still the same whether the server is inside
    the same box as the printer or not.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 12, 2006