how to boot Vista x64, is the msdn subscribing correct

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Hello,
    the newsgroup is tremendous helpfull, since I am running:
    xp 64 trial August 2005,
    ferrari 3400,
    mobile athlon 64
    german-europe 64 driver support is ok, i think, quite good interested.
    MFC scanner, printer , ..by brother is working well ( because of his
    carefully thinking about" multi - equipment ?" a few weeks/ months ago,note
    to Andre, hi!)
    ATI 9700 Radeon actually the driver needs a lot of time while booting.(2
    minutes ?)
    But my dearest problem:
    I would like to test Vista x64.Yes!
    From my first day in 64 life on.
    the latest rest of Visual Beta 2 Expirience kit is over, but with or
    without, no vista.

    Now,running the xp 64 programm I
    subscribe to msdn per installing and registry a every time new
    visual studio express,
    then I load the MFC January and install it to the fresh formated local
    partition,
    also updating last news workes fine.
    Instull succsessfull over,
    this here is the part , greenhornly it does not go on.
    Using Bootmagic as a beginner, it
    wants me to boot the new system, but the download of the Win FX is installed
    on its 19 GB place, and a copy of the download does not work as a boot cd?
    Thanks for the immence knowledgebase to Charly and all,
    multiboot I am not more afraid of, but
    how to boot Vista x64, is the msdn subscribing correct, and,
    grows gras out of Jesus pocket ?

    Michael

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Jan 26, 2006

  2. Well, you burn the Windows Vista x64 ISO to a blank DVD, it will not hold on
    a blank CD, the latest build 5270 is 2GBs, and includes both Server and
    Client. Appropriate partition size is 15 to 20 GBs based on my experiences,
    although actual install size is 4.5GBs. I personally would recommend you
    launch the install from within Windows XP Professional x64 and select the
    partition on which you want to install the OS. Its easier that why, I tried
    booting off the Vista CD and I think what it wanted to do was destroy the
    legacy boot loader. So if you still want to boot into Windows XP
    Professional x64, launch the Vista x64 setup from within it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 26, 2006