    none Guest

    i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    blocking these flash popups and animations ?
    none, Jan 27, 2006

  2. none

    none Guest

    none wrote:

    > i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    > blocking these flash popups and animations ?

    what is needed is a switch like in the tools>options that allows a
    quick switch off .
    i dont want to unload flash but i might have to as the admen have found
    a way to defeat the popups block in firefox.
    none, Jan 27, 2006

  3. none

    gwtc Guest

    try flashblock: http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
    gwtc, Jan 27, 2006
  4. none

    none Guest

    > try flashblock: http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

    looks ok , but it blocks everything , what firefox needs is a switch on
    the front interface allowing fast switch on and off of java and flash
    adverts . to cater for all eventualities
    none, Jan 28, 2006
  5. none

    Lou Guest

    On 27 Jan 2006 14:34:14 -0800, "none" <> wrote:

    >i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    >blocking these flash popups and animations ?

    FlashSwitch is a utility to turn Macromedia ® Flash ™ playback on
    and off. Residing in the system tray of user's desktop, it enables or
    disables Flash content display as the user clicks the program's icon.

    Key features of FlashSwitch are:

    * Freeware
    * Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer
    * Enables or disables Flash playback on the fly as the user
    toggles program's icon in system tray
    * Runs with Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95
    * Install/uninstall support
    http://www.flashswitch.com/
    Lou, Jan 28, 2006
  6. none

    Stubby Guest

    Lou wrote:
    > On 27 Jan 2006 14:34:14 -0800, "none" <> wrote:
    >

    >>i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    >>blocking these flash popups and animations ?

    > FlashSwitch is a utility to turn Macromedia ® Flash ™ playback on
    > and off. Residing in the system tray of user's desktop, it enables or
    > disables Flash content display as the user clicks the program's icon.
    >
    > Key features of FlashSwitch are:
    >
    > * Freeware
    > * Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer
    > * Enables or disables Flash playback on the fly as the user
    > toggles program's icon in system tray
    > * Runs with Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95
    > * Install/uninstall support
    > http://www.flashswitch.com/

    Thunderbird/FireFox are not listed.
    Stubby, Jan 28, 2006
  7. none

    gwtc Guest

    Lou wrote:

    > On 27 Jan 2006 14:34:14 -0800, "none" <> wrote:
    >

    >>i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    >>blocking these flash popups and animations ?

    > FlashSwitch is a utility to turn Macromedia ® Flash ™ playback on
    > and off. Residing in the system tray of user's desktop, it enables or
    > disables Flash content display as the user clicks the program's icon.
    >
    > Key features of FlashSwitch are:
    >
    > * Freeware
    > * Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer
    > * Enables or disables Flash playback on the fly as the user
    > toggles program's icon in system tray
    > * Runs with Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95
    > * Install/uninstall support
    > http://www.flashswitch.com/

    If it supports IE then what good is it for Mozilla, Seamonkey,
    Netscape, or even Firefox.
    gwtc, Jan 28, 2006
  8. none

    Michael Guest

    none wrote:

    >i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    >blocking these flash popups and animations ?

    You might take a look at the Preferences Toolbar Extension for Mozilla
    products, Firefox is listed. It is an additional toolbar in your web
    browser with buttons and check boxes for instant action.

    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

    Michael
    Michael, Jan 28, 2006
  9. Michael wrote:
    > none wrote:
    >
    >> i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    >> blocking these flash popups and animations ?
    >>

    > You might take a look at the Preferences Toolbar Extension for Mozilla
    > products, Firefox is listed. It is an additional toolbar in your web
    > browser with buttons and check boxes for instant action.
    >
    > http://prefbar.mozdev.org/
    >
    > Michael

    The kill flash button on prefbar does work, but often not on flash ads,
    making it less then it might be.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 28, 2006
  10. none

    Lou Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:19:42 -0500, Stubby
    <> wrote:

    >Lou wrote:
    >> On 27 Jan 2006 14:34:14 -0800, "none" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>i have tried all i have read and they dont work .whats the latest on
    >>>blocking these flash popups and animations ?

    >> FlashSwitch is a utility to turn Macromedia ® Flash ™ playback on
    >> and off. Residing in the system tray of user's desktop, it enables or
    >> disables Flash content display as the user clicks the program's icon.
    >>
    >> Key features of FlashSwitch are:
    >>
    >> * Freeware
    >> * Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >> * Enables or disables Flash playback on the fly as the user
    >> toggles program's icon in system tray
    >> * Runs with Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95
    >> * Install/uninstall support
    >> http://www.flashswitch.com/

    >Thunderbird/FireFox are not listed.

    Sorry, but this works as I have it installed.

    http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

    Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape
    browsers that takes a pessimistic approach to dealing with Macromedia
    Flash content on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from loading.
    It then leaves placeholders on the webpage that allow you to click to
    download and then view the Flash content.
    Lou, Jan 28, 2006
  11. none

    none Guest

    > > You might take a look at the Preferences Toolbar Extension for Mozilla
    > > products, Firefox is listed. It is an additional toolbar in your web
    > > browser with buttons and check boxes for instant action.

    how do you turn on the software prefs allowing it to install ??
    i cant figure that 1 out .
    none, Jan 28, 2006
  12. none

    gwtc Guest

    none wrote:
    >>>You might take a look at the Preferences Toolbar Extension for Mozilla
    >>>products, Firefox is listed. It is an additional toolbar in your web
    >>>browser with buttons and check boxes for instant action.
    >>>

    > how do you turn on the software prefs allowing it to install ??
    > i cant figure that 1 out .

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    xpinstall.enabled

    when found, double click on it and change it to True
    gwtc, Jan 28, 2006
  13. On 2006-01-28, none <> wrote:
    >> try flashblock: http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

    > looks ok , but it blocks everything , what firefox needs is a switch on
    > the front interface allowing fast switch on and off of java and flash
    > adverts . to cater for all eventualities

    Flashblock replaces the flash object with a button you can either ignore
    or click to run the flash animation.

    I'm not aware of anything analogous for Java.

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Jan 29, 2006
  14. none

    none Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    > > how do you turn on the software prefs allowing it to install ??
    > > i cant figure that 1 out .
    > >

    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > xpinstall.enabled
    >
    > when found, double click on it and change it to True

    i have done that ,but the download of flashblock does not work .
    still getting flash animations adverts .
    using1.5
    none, Jan 29, 2006
  15. none

    none Guest

    i now have it installed after switching the other part . but it does
    not stop the adverts on this website

    www.nationmultimedia.com

    (it did work once but then seemed to override the block )

    i have java off and flashblock installed (it did install itself and i
    restarted firefox.)
    still getting adverts .

    any ideas ??
    none, Jan 29, 2006
  16. none

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jan 29, 2006
  17. none

    Lou Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 11:59:21 -0800, "none" <> wrote:

    >i now have it installed after switching the other part . but it does
    >not stop the adverts on this website
    >
    >www.nationmultimedia.com
    >
    >(it did work once but then seemed to override the block )
    >
    >i have java off and flashblock installed (it did install itself and i
    >restarted firefox.)
    >still getting adverts .
    >
    >any ideas ??

    You must have java on for flashblock to work.
    Lou, Jan 29, 2006
  18. none

    gwtc Guest

    none wrote:

    > i now have it installed after switching the other part . but it does
    > not stop the adverts on this website
    >
    > www.nationmultimedia.com
    >
    > (it did work once but then seemed to override the block )
    >
    > i have java off and flashblock installed (it did install itself and i
    > restarted firefox.)
    > still getting adverts .
    >
    > any ideas ??

    There was one popup that was blocked and it wasn't Flash. Have you
    got popup blocking turned off or on?
    gwtc, Jan 29, 2006
  19. none

    none Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    > There was one popup that was blocked and it wasn't Flash. Have you
    > got popup blocking turned off or on?

    with popups off/blocked and with java on it blocks 2 of the advert
    animations but 2 are still running from this website somehow .
    how are the other 2 still operating ?and how do i stop them ?
    none, Jan 30, 2006
  20. none

    none Guest

    i can stop the lot when using Opera . so whats the solution with
    firefox ?
    none, Jan 30, 2006