    completed both the e address and password to log on each time.
    Thanks. J
    ---------

    John Jones, Aug 27, 2006

  2. John Jones

    John Jones Guest

    No-one?

    John Jones, Aug 27, 2006

  3. John Jones

    Don Guest

    Hi,
    In Internet Options> Content> Autocomplete, ae the proper boxes checked?
    Does autocomplete work on other sites?

    Don

    Don, Aug 27, 2006
  4. John Jones

    thanatoid Guest

    "John Jones" <> wrote in

    > No-one?

    > "John Jones" <JohnJones[at]NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone help with this one?...I'm with Orange Internet
    >> provider. When

    > signing
    >> in via http://www.orange.co.uk/ I have to type out my
    >> e-mail address and password each time I log on the web.
    >> How do I arrange things so that as

    > soon
    >> as I start typing in my e address it shows the options so
    >> I can click my address that way...and the password is
    >> automatically completed also. I'm sure that used to be the
    >> arrangement..but now, as I say, its necessary to completed
    >> both the e address and password to log on each time.
    >> Thanks. J

    Autocomplete is a terribly annoying and ahead of its time (in
    the BAD sense of NOT having enough AI to work properly) option.

    Get shortkeys (or another similar program) and forget about ac.

    http://www.shortkeys.com

    There's a free version limited to 25 entries (I think) and a $20
    version with unlimited entries.
    It has zillions of other uses as well.

    P.S. While you're at it why don't you get a decent browser and a
    real newsreader and mail program.

    thanatoid, Aug 28, 2006
  5. thanatoid wrote:

    > "John Jones" <> wrote in
    >
    >> No-one?

    > P.S. While you're at it why don't you get a decent browser and a real
    > newsreader and mail program.

    I'm wondering if he owns the domain name 'nospam.com' ?

    http://nospam.com/

    It is not nice to use someone else's domain for a munge. The domains
    'example.com' or 'example.net' are reserved for stuff like this.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 28, 2006
  6. John Jones

    John Jones Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > In Internet Options> Content> Autocomplete, ae the proper boxes checked?

    Yes

    John Jones, Aug 28, 2006
  7. John Jones

    John Jones Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "John Jones" <> wrote in
    >
    >> No-one?

    >> "John Jones" <JohnJones[at]NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone help with this one?...I'm with Orange Internet
    >>> provider. When

    >> signing
    >>> in via http://www.orange.co.uk/ I have to type out my
    >>> e-mail address and password each time I log on the web.
    >>> How do I arrange things so that as

    >> soon
    >>> as I start typing in my e address it shows the options so
    >>> I can click my address that way...and the password is
    >>> automatically completed also. I'm sure that used to be the
    >>> arrangement..but now, as I say, its necessary to completed
    >>> both the e address and password to log on each time.
    >>> Thanks. J

    > Autocomplete is a terribly annoying and ahead of its time (in
    > the BAD sense of NOT having enough AI to work properly) option.
    >
    > Get shortkeys (or another similar program) and forget about ac.
    >
    > http://www.shortkeys.com
    >
    > There's a free version limited to 25 entries (I think) and a $20
    > version with unlimited entries.
    > It has zillions of other uses as well.

    OK, thanks, I'll look at that

    > P.S. While you're at it why don't you get a decent browser and a
    > real newsreader and mail program.

    What do you recommend ?

    John Jones, Aug 28, 2006
  8. John Jones

    Don Guest

    > "Don" <don_04[at]varnauREMOVETHIS.org> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > In Internet Options> Content> Autocomplete, are the proper boxes

    checked?

    > Yes
    > > Does autocomplete work on other sites?

    > Yes

    Download, install and run Protected Storage PassView v1.62 (NirSoft)
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html Delete any login information for that
    site. That may reset the remember password prompt.

    Plan B... Recover and save all stored login info with PSPV then clear all
    saved passwords.

    Hope this helps,
    Don

    Don, Aug 28, 2006
  9. John Jones

    John Jones Guest

    OK, Thanks Don. J
    ----------

    John Jones, Aug 28, 2006
  10. John Jones

    thanatoid Guest

    "John Jones" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >> P.S. While you're at it why don't you get a decent browser
    >> and a real newsreader and mail program.

    > What do you recommend ?

    BIG question. I am a little old-fashioned AFA computers, but
    I'll tell you what I use anyway.

    1. Usenet
    Xnews. It is free and it is the best. There are sometimes
    "problems" because it does everything in RAM so if you are the
    type
    to DL 2 million headers, it will choke the system (sometimes for
    an hour) until it processes them. I find it VERY hard to
    believe, but apparently many people do that kind of thing. I'd
    hate to see their closets. news.software.readers has people
    whining about this problem ALL the time. When I told them my
    solution, I was abused and insulted by most of the regulars,
    with extreme prejudice. Even though apparently not even a GB of
    RAM can not solve it. Whatever.

    I have simply divided the 1.5MB newsrc file (all the newsgroups)
    from my Usenet provider into about 10 equally sized pieces and I
    keep them clean (catch up and purge). No problems whatsoever. I
    also have a special music rc file and a "small" rc file with
    about a dozen groups of which this is one.

    2. Mail
    I used Eudora until my $15/year mail provider (no spam AT ALL
    first 3 years, about two a week with the new owners) changed
    their system and the old Eudora stopped working. I tried about
    10 different programs, and first I settled on Popcorn, but then
    I found something even better, nPop. It is free, tiny, and does
    everything anyone but a corporation could need. IMO. There are
    hundreds of alternatives.

    3a. Browser 1
    Since I don't care for sites that look like a reject from MTV
    made them (ie all ugly and pointless flash, Active-X and Java,
    not to mention their dangers), I use the smallest and fastest
    browser in the world, OffByOne. It is inherently 100% safe, and
    does not show popups etc by virtue of the fact it simply does
    not recognize them. And the new version even has tabbed windows.
    Beautiful. And it even does secure pages, and uses/leaves no
    cache and has one cookies file which can be easily deleted.
    Unfortunately, many secure pages are also full of Java. Which
    brings us to

    3b. Browser 2
    When I HAVE to access a Java or such site (like my bank's site
    or a "modern" site), or for some crazy reason NEED to see a
    stupid flash intro or can't get into a site otherwise, I use
    Opera.

    There are dozens of others, but many run "on top" of Internet
    Explorer so that just makes a bad thing worse. A lot of people
    like Firefox but some problems have been reported with it.

    The ONLY thing IE/OE should be used for is reading .chm help
    files. Aside from that, forget you even have it.

    Have fun.

    thanatoid, Aug 28, 2006
  11. John Jones

    John Jones Guest

    ok...thanks for comprehensive reply...I'll have a look see.
    Cheers,

    John Jones, Aug 28, 2006