    a certain date ?

    Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

    NZed
    NZed, Oct 1, 2003

  2. NZed

    armpit Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote in message
    news:KEGeb.5684$...
    > I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    > If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    > How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable

    until
    > a certain date ?
    >
    > Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

    Change the website...?
    armpit, Oct 1, 2003

  3. NZed

    Allistar Guest

    NZed wrote:

    > I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    > If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    > How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable
    > until a certain date ?
    >
    > Any suggestions on how I can do this ?
    >
    > NZed

    Are you using an ISPs mail server or running your own? If running your own
    you could set a temporary bounce to sender. You should be able to do this
    with sendmail (BTW, what operating system are you using on your webserver
    and mail server, assuming they are yours?)

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Oct 1, 2003
  4. NZed

    Huw Giddens Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > NZed wrote:
    >
    >> I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    >> If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    >> How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable
    >> until a certain date ?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on how I can do this ?
    >>
    >> NZed

    > Are you using an ISPs mail server or running your own? If running your
    > own you could set a temporary bounce to sender. You should be able to do
    > this with sendmail (BTW, what operating system are you using on your
    > webserver and mail server, assuming they are yours?)
    >
    > Allistar.

    In fact, if you're using Linux or another *nix, you might want to have a
    look at the vacation(1) program.

    Huw
    Huw Giddens, Oct 1, 2003
  5. NZed

    Guest

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:18:48 +1200, "NZed" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    >If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    >How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable until
    >a certain date ?
    >
    >Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

    However you do it, make sure you are not on any two way mailing lists
    where your reply would go back to the list. At best it will annoy list
    members, at worst it may create an endless loop of back and forth
    messages.
    , Oct 2, 2003
  6. NZed

    max Guest

    wrote:

    >I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    >If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    >How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable until
    >a certain date ?
    >
    >Any suggestions on how I can do this ?
    >
    >NZed

    You should be able to set this up easily in your website control
    panel.
    max, Oct 2, 2003
  7. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <KEGeb.5684$>,
    says...
    > I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    > If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    > How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable until
    > a certain date ?
    >
    > Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

    If you have Outlook it is pretty simple using the reply wizard or
    template.
    Mainlander, Oct 2, 2003
  8. NZed

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:09:15 +1200, Mainlander wrote:

    > In article <KEGeb.5684$>,
    > says...
    >> I have a situation where I have a website and email address. If I am
    >> away on holiday and need to reply to emails. How do I set up my email to
    >> auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable until a certain date ?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

    > If you have Outlook it is pretty simple using the reply wizard or
    > template.

    Only if you leave your computer on and Outlook running while you are away
    on holiday :)

    Exception: You use Exchange Server and server side rules - It didn't sound
    like the OP used Exchange Server though.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 2, 2003
  9. NZed

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <KEGeb.5684$>,
    says...
    > I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    > If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    > How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable until
    > a certain date ?
    >
    > Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

    It all depends on the 'control panel' that your website hoster
    provides - but I'd have to say that I've yet to come across one
    that *doesn't* allow this functionality.

    Why not email your web hoster support, and ask 'em - I'm sure
    you'll get a prompt and full reply with all the guff on how to
    set it up.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Oct 2, 2003
  10. NZed

    bt Guest

    wrote:

    >I have a situation where I have a website and email address.
    >If I am away on holiday and need to reply to emails.
    >How do I set up my email to auto reply...ie tell them I am unavailable until
    >a certain date ?
    >
    >Any suggestions on how I can do this ?
    >
    >NZed

    Some free email sites provide this with their redirection services.

    Brendan (Avatar)

    --

    Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

    Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
    My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.
    bt, Oct 2, 2003