    program. How to achieve this?

    Regards,.
    Rachana

    Rachana, Nov 2, 2010

  2. Rachana

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Rachana wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Suppose, I have class WORK which has method ASSIGN and property SHIFT.
    > The property has two reserved values 'DAY' and 'NIGHT'.
    > I don't want to validate inside the SET procedure. Instead, those
    > values should get auto displayed (like VB intellisense) in the client
    > program. How to achieve this?
    >
    > Regards,.
    > Rachana

    It would help a lot to know exactly what it is you are referring to.
    Is this within a programming language or some software?
    If so, which one?

    richard, Nov 2, 2010

  3. Rachana <> via teh googlegroups:

    > Hi,
    > Suppose, I have class WORK which has method ASSIGN and property SHIFT.
    > The property has two reserved values 'DAY' and 'NIGHT'.
    > I don't want to validate inside the SET procedure. Instead, those
    > values should get auto displayed (like VB intellisense) in the client
    > program. How to achieve this?
    >
    > Regards,.
    > Rachana

    Unless you are very rich or blowing the professor,
    you should take communication and/or English as a
    prerequisite to this course... otherwise, you should
    check into the availabilty of barber and beauty schools
    in your area. You'll need most of your fingers to
    operate the scissors effectively, so be very careful.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

    For the athiests and other infidels :

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 2, 2010
  4. Rachana

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 02/11/2010 16:07, richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Rachana wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> Suppose, I have class WORK which has method ASSIGN and property SHIFT.
    >> The property has two reserved values 'DAY' and 'NIGHT'.
    >> I don't want to validate inside the SET procedure. Instead, those
    >> values should get auto displayed (like VB intellisense) in the client
    >> program. How to achieve this?
    >>
    >> Regards,.
    >> Rachana

    > It would help a lot to know exactly what it is you are referring to.
    > Is this within a programming language or some software?
    > If so, which one?

    Lets assume Visual Basic.

    Now let's hear your answer...

    Cue FX: Sound of wind through the trees. Tumbleweed blows by and a
    distant church bell can be heard tolling.

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 2, 2010
  5. Rachana

    Rachana Guest

    On Nov 2, 9:41 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > On 02/11/2010 16:07, richard wrote:> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Rachana wrote:
    >
    > >> Hi,
    > >> Suppose, I have class WORK which has method ASSIGN and property SHIFT.
    > >> The property has two reserved values 'DAY' and 'NIGHT'.
    > >> I don't want to validate inside the SET procedure. Instead, those
    > >> values should get auto displayed (like VB intellisense) in the client
    > >> program. How to achieve this?

    > >> Regards,.
    > >> Rachana

    > > It would help a lot to know exactly what it is you are referring to.
    > > Is this within a programming language or some software?
    > > If so, which one?

    > Lets assume Visual Basic.
    >
    > Now let's hear your answer...
    >
    > Cue FX: Sound of wind through the trees. Tumbleweed blows by and a
    > distant church bell can be heard tolling.

    Very Sorry! forgot to mention details. It's regarding VB.NET program -
    create a CLASS & its properties

    Rachana, Nov 2, 2010
  6. Rachana

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:41:08 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > On 02/11/2010 16:07, richard wrote:
    >> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Rachana wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Suppose, I have class WORK which has method ASSIGN and property SHIFT.
    >>> The property has two reserved values 'DAY' and 'NIGHT'.
    >>> I don't want to validate inside the SET procedure. Instead, those
    >>> values should get auto displayed (like VB intellisense) in the client
    >>> program. How to achieve this?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,.
    >>> Rachana

    >> It would help a lot to know exactly what it is you are referring to.
    >> Is this within a programming language or some software?
    >> If so, which one?

    > Lets assume Visual Basic.
    >
    > Now let's hear your answer...
    >
    > Cue FX: Sound of wind through the trees. Tumbleweed blows by and a
    > distant church bell can be heard tolling.

    Do you know the definition of "ASS U ME"?
    When you "assume", it makes an ass out of you and me.

    Are you that familiar with every programming language out there that you
    can instantly tell by a few key words which one is being spoken of?
    I doubt it.

    The poster hinted at VB by saying "like" but did not specify that it was
    VB.

    richard, Nov 2, 2010
  7. Rachana

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Rachana <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >> > It would help a lot to know exactly what it is you are referring to.
    >> > Is this within a programming language or some software?
    >> > If so, which one?

    >> Lets assume Visual Basic.
    >>
    >> Now let's hear your answer...
    >>
    >> Cue FX: Sound of wind through the trees. Tumbleweed blows by and a
    >> distant church bell can be heard tolling.

    >Very Sorry! forgot to mention details. It's regarding VB.NET program -
    >create a CLASS & its properties

    How about this.

    Work.Assign(this, to_yourself);

    or Set Work.Homework.doYourOwn = true;

    Mike "lets assume you're getting the credit" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Nov 2, 2010
  8. Rachana

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 02/11/2010 18:26, richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:41:08 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    >>> It would help a lot to know exactly what it is you are referring to.
    >>> Is this within a programming language or some software?
    >>> If so, which one?

    >> Lets assume Visual Basic.
    >>
    >> Now let's hear your answer...
    >>
    >> Cue FX: Sound of wind through the trees. Tumbleweed blows by and a
    >> distant church bell can be heard tolling.

    > Do you know the definition of "ASS U ME"?
    > When you "assume", it makes an ass out of you and me.

    You can also assume for the sake of argument or example which was my point.

    > Are you that familiar with every programming language out there that you
    > can instantly tell by a few key words which one is being spoken of?
    > I doubt it.
    >
    > The poster hinted at VB by saying "like" but did not specify that it was
    > VB.

    The OP has now confirmed that it is indeed VB.Net So come on, lets hear
    your answer to the question...........

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 3, 2010
  9. Rachana

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 03/11/2010 09:21, Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > On 02/11/2010 18:26, richard wrote:

    >>> Lets assume Visual Basic.
    >>>
    >>> Now let's hear your answer...
    >>>
    >>> Cue FX: Sound of wind through the trees. Tumbleweed blows by and a
    >>> distant church bell can be heard tolling.

    >> Do you know the definition of "ASS U ME"?
    >> When you "assume", it makes an ass out of you and me.

    > You can also assume for the sake of argument or example which was my point.
    >

    >> Are you that familiar with every programming language out there that you
    >> can instantly tell by a few key words which one is being spoken of?
    >> I doubt it.
    >>
    >> The poster hinted at VB by saying "like" but did not specify that it was
    >> VB.

    > The OP has now confirmed that it is indeed VB.Net So come on, lets hear
    > your answer to the question...........

    Come on then richard, let's hear your answer...

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 4, 2010