how to assemble a pc : guide

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert Schumacher, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Robert Schumacher, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Robert Schumacher

    Sameer Guest

    Hi,

    Is there any online guide available on
    how to assemble a pc !!

    Thanks in advance,

    Sameer.
    Sameer, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Robert Schumacher

    LooseLips Guest

    To this I would also add:
    1. Decide what you want to use your shiny new computer for and select
    component parts accordingly. A game box is going to be a very different
    beast to a multimedia or web surfing box.
    2. Think about what bits of your old system you can roll over into your new
    box.
    3. While you're at it consider the OS you're using and don't be afraid to
    give something else a go. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    4. When you have a short list of cantidate components Google newsgroups for
    any potential problems. Visit manufacturers' websites and grab manuals and
    FAQs.
    5. When you've bought everything and are ready to build it, plan, plan and
    prepare. Take your time. Relax.

    I've just finished rebuilding my box. It took 75 minutes with one smoko.
    Dual boots WinXP Pro, Mandrake Linux 9.1. One 40 Gb Hd for each OS and a
    third for backup drive images. Booted first time, works a treat.
    LooseLips.

    LooseLips, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Robert Schumacher

    paul s Guest

    paul s, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Robert Schumacher

    paul s Guest

    LooseLips wrote:

    > To this I would also add:
    > 1. Decide what you want to use your shiny new computer for and select
    > component parts accordingly. A game box is going to be a very different
    > beast to a multimedia or web surfing box.
    > 2. Think about what bits of your old system you can roll over into your
    > new box.
    > 3. While you're at it consider the OS you're using and don't be afraid to
    > give something else a go. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    > 4. When you have a short list of cantidate components Google newsgroups
    > for any potential problems. Visit manufacturers' websites and grab manuals
    > and FAQs.
    > 5. When you've bought everything and are ready to build it, plan, plan and
    > prepare. Take your time. Relax.
    >
    > I've just finished rebuilding my box. It took 75 minutes with one smoko.

    I done that once, plugged in a CD-ROM with the power turned on. That made
    quite a smoko. Fortunately the drive was under replacement warranty, so I
    just took it back to the shop, told them it stopped working and they
    replaced it no questions asked.

    > Dual boots WinXP Pro, Mandrake Linux 9.1. One 40 Gb Hd for each OS and a
    > third for backup drive images. Booted first time, works a treat.
    > LooseLips.

    I'm triple booting MDK 9.1, Win 2003 and BeOS5

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 3, 2003