    Hi,
    i would like to save this newsgroup so i can scan for old posts.

    Lutz

    Lutz Kruse, Feb 3, 2006

  2. To compact and back up e-mail folders

    1.. Select an e-mail folder.
    2.. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Compact.
    3.. To back up the folder, find the folder file, and then copy it to a
    backup folder, floppy disk, or network drive. Outlook Express e-mail folders
    have a .dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx").
    Notes

    a.. Some message files might be too large to back up onto a floppy disk.
    b.. If you are using a program other than Outlook Express to send e-mail
    messages to newsgroups, check your e-mail program's documentation for
    information about compacting and deleting e-mail folders.
    The amazing things you find in the Help Contents.

    I would use this instead though for viewing archived post:
    http://groups.google.com.jm/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general?hl=en
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 3, 2006

  3. Lutz Kruse

    Lutz Kruse Guest

    Andre Da Costa schrieb:
    > To compact and back up e-mail folders
    >
    > 1.. Select an e-mail folder.
    > 2.. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Compact.
    > 3.. To back up the folder, find the folder file, and then copy it to a
    > backup folder, floppy disk, or network drive. Outlook Express e-mail folders
    > have a .dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx").
    > Notes
    >
    > a.. Some message files might be too large to back up onto a floppy disk.
    > b.. If you are using a program other than Outlook Express to send e-mail
    > messages to newsgroups, check your e-mail program's documentation for
    > information about compacting and deleting e-mail folders.
    > The amazing things you find in the Help Contents.
    >
    > I would use this instead though for viewing archived post:
    > http://groups.google.com.jm/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general?hl=en

    Hi Andre,

    thank you for your reply.

    Are there no automatic solutions?
    And how long the messages stay at google groups?

    Lutz

    Lutz Kruse, Feb 4, 2006
  4. Doesn't seem like there is any scheduling features at all, I don't see
    anything under the Options > Maintenance tab suggesting scheduling except
    under "Cleaning U Messages" > "When compacting message:", you have the
    option to control how long the messages stay in your folders, you probably
    want to change that to a longer period.

    Google keeps archived post forever, all you need is a Internet Connection.

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2006
  5. Lutz Kruse

    Lutz Kruse Guest

    Andre Da Costa schrieb:
    > Doesn't seem like there is any scheduling features at all, I don't see
    > anything under the Options > Maintenance tab suggesting scheduling except
    > under "Cleaning U Messages" > "When compacting message:", you have the
    > option to control how long the messages stay in your folders, you probably
    > want to change that to a longer period.
    >
    > Google keeps archived post forever, all you need is a Internet Connection.

    Hi Andre,

    then i use google.

    Kind regards,

    Lutz

    Lutz Kruse, Feb 4, 2006
  6. I would go with Google too, searching capabilities is much better of course.
    :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 4, 2006
  7. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in

    > I would go with Google too, searching capabilities is much better
    > of course.

    One problem with Google groups, they didn't archive this group from the
    beginning so posts prior to August 8, 2005 aren't available.

    David R. Norton MVP, Feb 4, 2006
  8. Huh? :-s

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 4, 2006
  9. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in

    > Huh? :-s

    Huh, what?

    David R. Norton MVP, Feb 7, 2006