    Simple rule to do that.

    But I also want my replies out to go into that folder as well.

    Is there a way to do this with outlook express 6?
    cowboyz, Mar 5, 2006

  2. cowboyz

    Allistar Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > creating message rules in outlook express is fine. I have one particular
    > area of business where I like to keep all my emails together in a folder.
    > Simple rule to do that.
    >
    > But I also want my replies out to go into that folder as well.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this with outlook express 6?

    I'm not sure about Outlook Express, but KMail has this ability and it's
    quite handy.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Mar 5, 2006

  3. cowboyz

    Nova Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > creating message rules in outlook express is fine. I have one particular
    > area of business where I like to keep all my emails together in a folder.
    > Simple rule to do that.
    >
    > But I also want my replies out to go into that folder as well.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this with outlook express 6?

    Don't you just need to use the rule,
    "where the message is from the specified account"
    Nova, Mar 6, 2006
  4. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> creating message rules in outlook express is fine. I have one
    >> particular area of business where I like to keep all my emails
    >> together in a folder. Simple rule to do that.
    >>
    >> But I also want my replies out to go into that folder as well.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to do this with outlook express 6?
    >>

    > Don't you just need to use the rule,
    > "where the message is from the specified account"

    no because i use one account with 1 email address.

    I converse with alot of different people and prefer that I keep the same
    email address I have had since Adam was a cowboy. Would have been cool if
    OE6 would sort my outgoing mail to so that when looking back over a deal I
    can see my replies in the same folder as the clients. At the moment, when
    I get a new client who is obviously going to use email more than a couple a
    week I make a rule and his/her own folder. That sorts the incoming. But
    when I reply, all my replies (as well as all the crap emails I send out) are
    in the sent items folder. Thats the one I want to sort automatically.
    cowboyz, Mar 6, 2006
  5. cowboyz

    David Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > Nova wrote:
    >> cowboyz wrote:
    >>> creating message rules in outlook express is fine. I have one
    >>> particular area of business where I like to keep all my emails
    >>> together in a folder. Simple rule to do that.
    >>>
    >>> But I also want my replies out to go into that folder as well.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to do this with outlook express 6?
    >>>

    >> Don't you just need to use the rule,
    >> "where the message is from the specified account"

    > no because i use one account with 1 email address.
    >
    > I converse with alot of different people and prefer that I keep the same
    > email address I have had since Adam was a cowboy. Would have been cool if
    > OE6 would sort my outgoing mail to so that when looking back over a deal I
    > can see my replies in the same folder as the clients. At the moment, when
    > I get a new client who is obviously going to use email more than a couple a
    > week I make a rule and his/her own folder. That sorts the incoming. But
    > when I reply, all my replies (as well as all the crap emails I send out) are
    > in the sent items folder. Thats the one I want to sort automatically.

    This is probably of no use to you since you specified outlook express,
    but Outlook 2003 has a handy "Search Folders" function, where you can
    set up folders that show emails that fit certain conditions, eg. all
    mail sent to a particular group of recipients etc. I find it very useful.
    David, Mar 6, 2006
  6. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    David wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> Nova wrote:

    >>> Don't you just need to use the rule,
    >>> "where the message is from the specified account"

    >> no because i use one account with 1 email address.
    >>
    >> I converse with alot of different people and prefer that I keep the
    >> same email address I have had since Adam was a cowboy. Would have
    >> been cool if OE6 would sort my outgoing mail to so that when looking
    >> back over a deal I can see my replies in the same folder as the
    >> clients. At the moment, when I get a new client who is obviously
    >> going to use email more than a couple a week I make a rule and
    >> his/her own folder. That sorts the incoming. But when I reply,
    >> all my replies (as well as all the crap emails I send out) are in
    >> the sent items folder. Thats the one I want to sort automatically.

    > This is probably of no use to you since you specified outlook express,
    > but Outlook 2003 has a handy "Search Folders" function, where you can
    > set up folders that show emails that fit certain conditions, eg. all
    > mail sent to a particular group of recipients etc. I find it very
    > useful.

    yeah, i was using Opera for a while which was good like that. you make a
    rule and every email that fits that rule gets a copy of it put in there.
    very nice for organizing. Why did I go back to OE again? Shit I forget
    now.. must have been some reason....
    cowboyz, Mar 6, 2006