    appreciate any help regarding this.

    Thanks
    Sarang

    Sarang Deshpande, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Sarang Deshpande

    CriticalMass Guest

    Sarang Deshpande wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Kodak DX3600 digital camera. Last week I dropped the camera
    > accidently on floor, and now I cannot click and capture the image. I
    > can still see the view of scene in front of camera through LCD
    > display.
    > Last time when similar incident happened, I sent the camera for
    > repair in which kodak just did "shutter board adjustment" and no other
    > repairs.
    > Assuming that same thing has happened this time, I want to know if I
    > can adjust the shutter board of camera myself ? (As camera is now out
    > of warrenty period).

    The purpose of the warranty is to cover defects in materials or
    workmanship when the camera was manufactured. It's not Kodak's fault
    you're careless.

    If they fixed it under warranty the last time you dropped it, you
    screwed them, pure and simple. Just box it up and send it back for
    repairs again, and PAY FOR IT THIS TIME.

    CriticalMass, Jan 6, 2004

  3. CriticalMass <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Sarang Deshpande wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a Kodak DX3600 digital camera. Last week I dropped the camera
    > > accidently on floor, and now I cannot click and capture the image. I
    > > can still see the view of scene in front of camera through LCD
    > > display.
    > > Last time when similar incident happened, I sent the camera for
    > > repair in which kodak just did "shutter board adjustment" and no other
    > > repairs.
    > > Assuming that same thing has happened this time, I want to know if I
    > > can adjust the shutter board of camera myself ? (As camera is now out
    > > of warrenty period).

    > The purpose of the warranty is to cover defects in materials or
    > workmanship when the camera was manufactured. It's not Kodak's fault
    > you're careless.
    >
    > If they fixed it under warranty the last time you dropped it, you
    > screwed them, pure and simple. Just box it up and send it back for
    > repairs again, and PAY FOR IT THIS TIME.

    FYI, last time it was not been dropped but it was not clicking within
    couple of months after purchase. By the way, I am not looking for the
    hints you have given. Sorry for your typing efforts.

    Sarang Deshpande, Jan 6, 2004