    MPEGII. is there a way to add the Swedish Subtitles to it as a
    removable subtitles?

    DC
    DestinyChick, Nov 20, 2005

  2. DestinyChick

    Goro Guest

    DestinyChick wrote:
    > Got a few episodes of Supernatural and Smallville 5 and have encoded to
    > MPEGII. is there a way to add the Swedish Subtitles to it as a
    > removable subtitles?
    >
    > DC

    yes. I've done this with Godzilla FInal Wars and Odoru Daisosassen
    (among others).

    assuming you already have an .srt file, you have to convert it to a
    ..SUB file using txt2sup.
    Then you need to demux your streams. Remux with the sub. Lastly, fix
    the .IFO so that the subs have the proper colors.

    i think divx-digest or doom9 has more of the precise info.

    I have noticed that my OPPO does not like these remuxed dvds quite so
    well adn won't ever display the subs (despite recognizing that it has
    them). It works fine on my $100 panny and my Sony 7000.

    -goro-
    Goro, Nov 20, 2005

  3. DestinyChick

    Frau Begbick Guest

    What do you use to remux with subs?

    Frau Begbick, Nov 21, 2005
  4. DestinyChick

    Goro Guest

    Frau Begbick wrote:
    > What do you use to remux with subs?
    >
    > "Goro" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > DestinyChick wrote:
    > >> Got a few episodes of Supernatural and Smallville 5 and have encoded to
    > >> MPEGII. is there a way to add the Swedish Subtitles to it as a
    > >> removable subtitles?
    > >>
    > >> DC

    > > yes. I've done this with Godzilla FInal Wars and Odoru Daisosassen
    > > (among others).
    > >
    > > assuming you already have an .srt file, you have to convert it to a
    > > .SUB file using txt2sup.
    > > Then you need to demux your streams. Remux with the sub. Lastly, fix
    > > the .IFO so that the subs have the proper colors.
    > >
    > > i think divx-digest or doom9 has more of the precise info.
    > >
    > > I have noticed that my OPPO does not like these remuxed dvds quite so
    > > well adn won't ever display the subs (despite recognizing that it has
    > > them). It works fine on my $100 panny and my Sony 7000.
    > >
    > > -goro-

    first, please don't top-post when it's in response to a REPLY that is
    already bottom-posted. Otherwise, i'm not really against top-posting,
    but in this case, the read-flow goes wacky (now, should i, in response,
    top-post or bottom-post? hmm...)

    second, go to doom9 or divx-digest; there's a ton of great info there
    about remuxing with subs. I think i used IFOEdit. I also think
    there's a few remuxing programs out there that you could prolly find if
    you searched for "dvd streams remux"

    -goro-
    Goro, Nov 21, 2005
  5. DestinyChick

    Goro Guest

    Goro wrote:
    > Frau Begbick wrote:
    > > What do you use to remux with subs?
    > >
    > > "Goro" <> wrote in message

    > > > yes. I've done this with Godzilla FInal Wars and Odoru Daisosassen
    > > > (among others).
    > > >
    > > > assuming you already have an .srt file, you have to convert it to a
    > > > .SUB file using txt2sup.
    > > > Then you need to demux your streams. Remux with the sub. Lastly, fix
    > > > the .IFO so that the subs have the proper colors.
    > > >
    > > > i think divx-digest or doom9 has more of the precise info.
    > > >
    > > > I have noticed that my OPPO does not like these remuxed dvds quite so
    > > > well adn won't ever display the subs (despite recognizing that it has
    > > > them). It works fine on my $100 panny and my Sony 7000.
    > > >
    > > > -goro-
    > > >

    > first, please don't top-post when it's in response to a REPLY that is
    > already bottom-posted. Otherwise, i'm not really against top-posting,
    > but in this case, the read-flow goes wacky (now, should i, in response,
    > top-post or bottom-post? hmm...)
    >
    > second, go to doom9 or divx-digest; there's a ton of great info there
    > about remuxing with subs. I think i used IFOEdit. I also think
    > there's a few remuxing programs out there that you could prolly find if
    > you searched for "dvd streams remux"
    >
    > -goro-

    ps, here's a decent start:

    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm

    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/multipgc-guide.htm

    http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm

    http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/index.php/f-14-p-7.html

    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56946

    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showcategory.php?cid=9&detail=high

    -goro-
    Goro, Nov 21, 2005
  6. DestinyChick

    Frau Begbick Guest

    "Goro" <> wrote in message

    > Goro wrote:
    >> Frau Begbick wrote:
    >> > What do you use to remux with subs?
    >> >
    >> > "Goro" <> wrote in message

    >> first, please don't top-post when it's in response to a REPLY that is
    >> already bottom-posted. Otherwise, i'm not really against top-posting,
    >> but in this case, the read-flow goes wacky (now, should i, in response,
    >> top-post or bottom-post? hmm...)
    >>
    >> second, go to doom9 or divx-digest; there's a ton of great info there
    >> about remuxing with subs. I think i used IFOEdit. I also think
    >> there's a few remuxing programs out there that you could prolly find if
    >> you searched for "dvd streams remux"
    >>
    >> -goro-

    > ps, here's a decent start:
    >
    > http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm
    >
    > http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/multipgc-guide.htm
    >
    > http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm
    >
    > http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/index.php/f-14-p-7.html
    >
    > http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56946
    >
    > http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showcategory.php?cid=9&detail=high
    >
    > -goro-

    Thank you - I must admit as an old girl I sometimes get my bottom mixed up
    with my top my dear - sorry and thank you for the information...
    Frau Begbick, Nov 22, 2005