How to Add / Replace (translate) subtitle stream in a ripped DVD before writing back to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by -, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. -

    - Guest

    Hi to All,

    Here is what I would like to do:

    Let's say I have Annie Hall original DVD. Unfortunatelly it has only English
    subtitles. I like to wath this movie subtitled in my firstl language.

    I _do_ know how to rip a DVD and rewrite it to DVD-R. (btw. I use DVD
    Shrink)

    Suppose, I set DVD-Shrink a bit more compress, so the resulting VIDEO_TS
    size not as big to fill all space, so we have space to add something.

    Also, I know some of the subtitle rippers, I can extract any stream to a
    text script, and translate it.
    Now I have the translated text script.

    Q: How can I render and add this script to the ripped DVD?

    PS: I've reviewed Adobe Encore. As I see it can import subtitles from text
    script, but _can_ not "import" complet DVD to edit, so it seems a very time
    consuming solution to "re-author" a DVD from the ground :-(

    IF anyone has a short, efficiant solution for my task pls help:
    How to Add / Replace (translate) subtitle stream in a ripped DVD before
    writing back to DVD-R

    thx for answers.

    -, Jul 30, 2004

  2. -