  1. Lars-Erik Østerud

    Chris Savage Guest

    follow-up ignored.

    On 2008-02-18, H.S. <> wrote:
    > nospam wrote:
    >
    >> <http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>

    > Interesting. Would you know if this tool works in a batch mode in
    > Windows? In Linux, I can type up bash commands in a few minutes to do
    > this job automatically for any number of files. But if the tool doesn't
    > work in batch mode in Windows, the user is going to take ages to do this
    > one by one for his thousands of pictures!

    Run bash on windows:

    http://www.cygwin.com
    http://win-bash.sourceforge.net/

    many others available with a google search

    --
    Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?

    Chris Savage, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Lars-Erik Østerud

    Father Kodak Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:26:18 -0800, Matt Ion <>
    wrote:

    >l v wrote:

    >I find that almost universally, it's the non-Windows users who are
    >intelligent enough to provide OS information. Your typical Windows
    >(l)user doesn't understand that not all computers run on Windows. Thus
    >it's safe to assume that we're dealing with some version of Windows here.

    Bzzzzzzzzt. Sloppy thinking here.

    The real reason is that non-Windows users have had to deal all their
    (computer) lives with the fact that they are in a very small minority.
    Windows users probably understand that their system is the same one
    that most people use.

    At this time, given the poor market acceptance of Vista and the fact
    that Windows XP has been around since about 2002, you can safely
    assume that the OP is probably running Windows XP.

    Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, Mar 8, 2008