    v6.0.2

    Thanks
    NZed

    paradise, Sep 29, 2005

  2. paradise

    paradise Guest

    The reason why....I have an application that needs this to be running on
    Internet Explorer.
    It currently wont run

    NZed

    paradise, Sep 29, 2005

  3. paradise

    paradise Guest

    I also went to try and update automatically online and it wont ...why ?
    because it requires active x to automate the updates !

    paradise, Sep 29, 2005
  4. paradise

    Crash Guest

    paradise wrote:
    > I need to have active X running in Internet Explorer...could someone be so
    > kind as to inform me how its done and if its not installed how I install it.
    > v6.0.2

    Choose Tool/internet options/security in IE. You can then experiment with the
    'security level' settings or go into custom where there are many active x
    related settings.

    Crash

    Crash, Sep 29, 2005
  5. paradise

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:...
    >I need to have active X running in Internet Explorer...could someone be so
    >kind as to inform me how its done and if its not installed how I install
    >it.
    > v6.0.2
    >
    > Thanks
    > NZed

    Tools
    Ineternet options
    Security
    With "Internet" highlighted"
    Custom Level

    You only need to enable certain Active X controls. Do the more obvious
    changes. If you're not sure make a note of the changes you make. A before
    and after screenshot will do.
    The changes you make to security are all up to you. There's no need to
    enable everything.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Sep 29, 2005
  6. In article <433ba5b4$>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    >The reason why....I have an application that needs this to be running on
    >Internet Explorer.
    >It currently wont run
    >
    >"paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:...
    >>I need to have active X running in Internet Explorer...could someone be so
    >>kind as to inform me how its done and if its not installed how I install
    >>it.
    >> v6.0.2

    Friends don't let friends do ActiveX.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 29, 2005
  7. paradise

    Peter Guest

    "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    > I need to have active X running in Internet Explorer...could someone be so
    > kind as to inform me how its done and if its not installed how I install
    > it. v6.0.2

    Tell the webmaster of the site where he can stick Active X. Google, Yahoo
    and many, many other sites do not need it and smart and cute web designers
    need to get the message that the use of fancy features drive people away.

    Peter, Sep 29, 2005
  8. paradise

    John Guest

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:31:36 +1200, paradise wrote:

    > I also went to try and update automatically online and it wont ...why ?
    > because it requires active x to automate the updates !
    >
    > NZed
    >
    > "paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:...
    >>I need to have active X running in Internet Explorer...could someone be so
    >>kind as to inform me how its done and if its not installed how I install
    >>it.
    >> v6.0.2
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> NZed

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226

    Regards,
    John

    John, Sep 29, 2005
  9. paradise wrote:
    > I also went to try and update automatically online and it wont ...why ?
    > because it requires active x to automate the updates !

    Use Automatic Updates, not Windows Update through IE

    Nathan Mercer, Sep 30, 2005
  10. paradise

    John Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:28:12 +1200, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > paradise wrote:
    >> I also went to try and update automatically online and it wont ...why ?
    >> because it requires active x to automate the updates !

    > Use Automatic Updates, not Windows Update through IE

    Only good for critical updates - for normal downloads you need to
    valid Windows, hence the posters need for Active X.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Sep 30, 2005
  11. paradise

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:28:12 +1200, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    >> paradise wrote:
    >>> I also went to try and update automatically online and it wont ...why ?
    >>> because it requires active x to automate the updates !

    >> Use Automatic Updates, not Windows Update through IE

    > Only good for critical updates - for normal downloads you need to
    > valid Windows, hence the posters need for Active X.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    You actually need Active X for the Update Program at Microsoft to be able to
    scan what's on your computer already. Not everyone needs the same updates.
    Some might be grabbing updates more often than others.
    If it was just straight out downloads then you wouldn't need Active X for
    that.

    One bugger is that Microsoft keep updating the scan update program, so you
    have to download the latest version of that first before your computer can
    be scanned to see what updates it's lacking.

    Automatic means thast if you want to do other things such as other downloads
    etc then you're shit out of luck - on dial up anyway.
    Who's in charge of your computer? You or Microsoft?
    I let my PC know when it can check and grab updates.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Sep 30, 2005
  12. paradise

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <1128064984.77287@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...

    > "John" <> wrote in message

    > >> Use Automatic Updates, not Windows Update through IE

    > > Only good for critical updates - for normal downloads you need to
    > > valid Windows, hence the posters need for Active X.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > John.

    > You actually need Active X for the Update Program at Microsoft to be able to
    > scan what's on your computer already. Not everyone needs the same updates.
    > Some might be grabbing updates more often than others.
    > If it was just straight out downloads then you wouldn't need Active X for
    > that.
    >
    > One bugger is that Microsoft keep updating the scan update program, so you
    > have to download the latest version of that first before your computer can
    > be scanned to see what updates it's lacking.
    >
    > Automatic means thast if you want to do other things such as other downloads
    > etc then you're shit out of luck - on dial up anyway.
    > Who's in charge of your computer? You or Microsoft?
    > I let my PC know when it can check and grab updates.

    The only time *you're* in charge of *any* computer is during a power
    cut!

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Sep 30, 2005