    (in future, I want to attach an HDD). In the administrator page of the
    D-Link, I can see the folders of the USB flash drive. But I canNOT see the
    folders from my computer. Pls advise me how to access it?

    =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=, Nov 5, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Well what have you done? Have you checked the Share box under USB1 assuming
    that your USB flash device is connected to it. Have you given it a name? Do
    you have File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks enabled? Have you
    launched My Network places?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 5, 2006

  3. David,

    Thanks.

    I have checked the share box as well as giving it a name and it is confirmed
    on the status page of the D-Link. I do not quite understand what you mean
    for the rest of your question. However, I had successfully enabled the print
    server and I can use it. I did try My Network Places and I cannot figure it
    out. Mind you, I never did this before thus I do not even know the basic and
    proper steps in installing such router and its storage unit. Perhaps could
    you or someone can help what I need to do from step 1 and let me try and
    learn!

    =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=, Nov 6, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=

    David Hettel Guest

    OK I don't have one of these, and instructions on the web are poor IMHO.
    Based on what info it ask for, and does not ask for, I would suggest that
    you try ftp://192.168.0.1 and see if they show up. Or change 192.168.0.1 to
    what ever your default gateway address is if you changed that from the
    default setting.

    David Hettel, Nov 6, 2006
  5. David,

    It works after I set up the FTP server in the router. Thanks. By the way,
    I have more questions:
    1. how can place it on My Network Places so that I do not have placed
    ftp://192.168.0.1 everytime to access the storage device.
    2. what is the difference between File Sharing and FTP stated in the router
    (my understanding is that Ican config FTP to accept access from WAN)?
    3. I am going to purchase an application so that 2 of us can access to the
    application with the embedded database via the wireless network. My old ICT
    knowledge tells me to implement it using the Netware or Window Server. And
    this is not the option I prefer (there are only 2 of us in the company plus
    the maintenance efforts and knowledge to run the Window Server). I see there
    is a function "Application Server". does it mean it can function Windows
    Server such that we can access the application with record-locking
    funtionality?

    Thanks!
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=, Nov 6, 2006