    Is there some thing by which I can access this information
    programmatically?

    Thanks for your help

    Pankaj Ankam, Nov 26, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Pankaj Ankam <> wrote:
    :I am a newbie to network devices. I need to develop a product based on
    :Routers. For this product I need to display the security information
    :eek:f the router like access lists set on different interfaces, etc. I
    :also need to know which services are enabled, disabled, etc.

    :Is there some thing by which I can access this information
    :programmatically?

    You may have to get into 'expect' scripts and a lot of specialized
    code that could break with a new software release.

    The general method for getting information from routers and
    similar devices is by using SNMP (Simple Network Monitoring
    Protocol.) Each bit of information that can be retrieved or set
    in SNMP is allocated a numeric chain of integers that together
    form an "OID" (Object Identifier). There are common standardized
    groupings of OIDs to meet various purposes; each such grouping is
    called a 'MIB' (Management Information Base). You can find out
    more about which MIBs that Cisco supports by looking at

    http://www.cisco.com/go/mib

    I think you will find that the contents of ACLs are seldom accessible
    through MIBs.
    --
    Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow.
    That's my point.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 26, 2004