    Can anyone help.

    Thanks in advance.......

    Treb

    Trebby, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Trebby

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 GMT, "Trebby" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my laptop
    >as I try to use my current password to log in.

    That sounds more like an operating system issue than a Bios issue.

    >I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
    >key to use to enter immediately after power on.

    Your laptop should say "Press <KEY> to SETUP" or some statement when
    it boots.

    >Can anyone help.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.......

    Where exactly do you see the change password" message?

    Evan Platt, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Trebby

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 GMT, "Trebby" <> wrote:

    >I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my laptop
    >as I try to use my current password to log in.
    >
    >I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
    >key to use to enter immediately after power on.
    >
    >Can anyone help.

    Log in to where? The BIOS, or Windows, or Mars? Which version of Windows? XP,
    PU, what?

    If you're getting that message at the *Windows* login screen, you need to change
    it in Windows.

    In XP, it's in Control Panel/User Accounts [your account] "Change my password."

    --
    The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in
    the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world.

    Mara, Apr 27, 2006
  4. Trebby

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 +0000, Trebby wrote:

    > I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my
    > laptop as I try to use my current password to log in.
    >
    > I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
    > key to use to enter immediately after power on.
    >
    > Can anyone help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.......
    >
    > Treb

    Contact your system admin.

    Meat Plow, Apr 28, 2006
  5. Trebby

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:57:20 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    >On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:49:02 +0000, Trebby wrote:
    >
    >> I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my
    >> laptop as I try to use my current password to log in.
    >>
    >> I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
    >> key to use to enter immediately after power on.

    <snip>
    >> Treb

    >Contact your system admin.

    It was the sysadmin asking.

    Me

    why?, Apr 28, 2006
  6. Trebby

    Treb Guest

    "Trebby" <> wrote in message
    >I have been getting a "change password within 15 days" notice from my
    >laptop as I try to use my current password to log in.
    >
    > I believe I can reset my password through the Bios but don't recall which
    > key to use to enter immediately after power on.
    >
    > Can anyone help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.......
    >
    > Treb

    It was Windows XP.............

    I had to access the Bios and used F1................

    In there I changed the login password.................

    It was kinda weird in that the logon screen kept asking for the password to

    Unfortunately, I received this information via phone and it wasn't first

    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.................

    Treb

    Treb, Apr 28, 2006
  7. Trebby

    Meat Plow Guest