    Unfortunately ALT+F10 is not working. The partition is there, I can see it
    in XP listed as PQSERVICE but I do not know how to access it by alternative
    methods.
    Beck, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Beck

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Beck" <> wrote in message
    news:444e5c02$0$23175$...
    > My Acer laptop has a hidden partition which is a restore utility

    > Unfortunately ALT+F10 is not working. The partition is there, I can see
    > it in XP listed as PQSERVICE but I do not know how to access it by
    > alternative methods.

    What did Acer say when you asked them? Apart from "Why are you using one of
    our laptops, the batteries are crap?", that is.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Beck

    Beck Guest

    Dan Evans wrote:
    > "Beck" <> wrote in message
    >> My Acer laptop has a hidden partition which is a restore utility

    >> Unfortunately ALT+F10 is not working. The partition is there, I can
    >> see it in XP listed as PQSERVICE but I do not know how to access it
    >> by alternative methods.

    > What did Acer say when you asked them? Apart from "Why are you using
    > one of our laptops, the batteries are crap?", that is.

    LOL Thankfully I don't need the battery. Anyhow they said they are going to
    send me a new restore disc but I am not sure I can trust it.
    Beck, Apr 25, 2006
  4. Beck

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Beck" <> wrote in message
    > Dan Evans wrote:
    >> "Beck" <> wrote in message
    >>> My Acer laptop has a hidden partition which is a restore utility

    >>> Unfortunately ALT+F10 is not working. The partition is there, I can
    >>> see it in XP listed as PQSERVICE but I do not know how to access it
    >>> by alternative methods.

    >> What did Acer say when you asked them? Apart from "Why are you using
    >> one of our laptops, the batteries are crap?", that is.

    > LOL Thankfully I don't need the battery. Anyhow they said they are going
    > to send me a new restore disc but I am not sure I can trust it.

    Every single Acer laptop I've supported has had battery problems. The last
    one I sold, I think the exact words were "spend the extra 300 euros and get
    the Toshiba instead, your battery won't be worth crap in 4 months", I was
    out by 5 days as to when the battery wouldn't hold the charge anymore. They
    bought a Toshiba after that. The harddrive was nice and easy to get to
    (unlike Toshiba and Sony), and there weren't any problems with the restore
    disk though.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Beck

    doS Guest

    you resote cd is corrupted/ how so?

    doS, Apr 25, 2006
  6. Beck

    Beck Guest

    doS wrote:
    > you resote cd is corrupted/ how so?

    It has a missing string setbootini
    I checked google and can find no reference to it.
    Beck, Apr 25, 2006
  7. Beck

    doS Guest

    PQ is powerquest.Email me.

    doS, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Beck

    pig500

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    PQSERVICE partition

    I also recently deleted my main boot record and now cant use the alt-f10. I have a acer 5610z laptop. I used a windows me boot floppy in which I converted to a cd and booted from it. I made the recovery partition active and it worked just fine. It recoverd my computer as always, I just have to use the boot disc to recover my computer by activating the recovery partition.
    pig500, Jul 30, 2008