    help please......

    regards
    knight
    =?Utf-8?B?a25pZ2h0?=, May 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a25pZ2h0?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Knight,

    Firstly I'd say that the way you categorize your hard drives is a very
    good thing. I do it the same way, keeping one for the OS, and other
    associated program, and the other drive for everything else. I also
    make multiple manageable partitions for each drive.

    Coming to the problem at hand, does your HDD show up in Device Manager
    ? If not, it is possible that it might not have been detected at all,
    during setup. If so, you can try the Add/Remove hardware wizard to
    search for new hardware.

    In case the drive is showing up, but you're getting an Access Denied
    message, then it would be a different issue altogether. One that I'll
    have to research a bit...
    Cerebrus, May 19, 2006

  3. Take Ownership, #9 on this link:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/adsecurity.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 19, 2006
  4. Hi,
    I would check the disk manager.
    Right click on my computer, highlight manage and when the new window opens,
    choose disk management. If you "d" drive does not show up, check your bios to
    make sure that is active on the ide chain.
    If it by some chance it still does not show up, even though you did not
    remove/or add anything, you could always check your ribbon connections,
    perhaps unhook the drive, boot the pc, go to the desktop and let all the
    start-up apps load. turn the pc off, hook up your ribbon/power cable and
    reboot the pc, (check bios to ensure the active drive is being found). hope
    this helps...
    --
    Visit http://www.pccentral.biz for support information, free downloads,
    software and hardware sales