    I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
    way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
    to the bios screen. Thanks.
    Puzzled, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Puzzled

    william Guest

    when booting you're pc press del

    william, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Puzzled

    someone Guest

    "Puzzled" <> wrote in message
    > I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
    > way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
    > to the bios screen. Thanks.

    Accessing the BIOS depends on the computer mfg (motherboard).
    Check the manual or the website for the desktop/laptop.

    Depending on the computer it could be "del", "F1", "F2", "F10".

    someone2
    someone, Feb 6, 2005
  4. Puzzled

    ~¤WIZARD¤~ Guest

    "william" <> wrote in message
    > when booting you're pc press del
    >
    > "Puzzled" <> schreef in bericht
    >>I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
    >>way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
    >>to the bios screen. Thanks.

    On mine you hit the F10 key when booting
    ~¤WIZARD¤~, Feb 6, 2005
  5. Puzzled

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Puzzled" <> wrote in message
    |I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
    | way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
    | to the bios screen. Thanks.

    That would depend on the computer. But you didn't provide much info. It
    could be the F1, F2, F10, Del key, it could be ctrl-s, ctrl-esc, or a dozen
    other combinations. On one system I've worked on recently it was the tab key
    to display the POST screen, which then allowed access to the CMOS setup.

    Either post back here with the make/model of the computer or motherboard, or
    keep banging away at that keyboard.
    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  6. Puzzled

    tutsi Guest

    at boot up press DELETE when promt to enter bios

    tutsi, Feb 6, 2005
  7. Puzzled

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Why are you telling ~¤WIZARD¤~ this? (Please highlight the ORIGINAL post
    before replying.)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  8. Puzzled

    Puzzled Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Puzzled" <> wrote in message
    > |I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
    > | way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to
    > get
    > | to the bios screen. Thanks.
    > |
    > That would depend on the computer. But you didn't provide much info. It
    > could be the F1, F2, F10, Del key, it could be ctrl-s, ctrl-esc, or a
    > dozen
    > other combinations. On one system I've worked on recently it was the tab
    > key
    > to display the POST screen, which then allowed access to the CMOS setup.
    >
    > Either post back here with the make/model of the computer or motherboard,
    > or
    > keep banging away at that keyboard.

    The computer is a Compaq Presario 1805-S254 desktop. Thanks.
    Puzzled, Feb 6, 2005
  9. Puzzled

    Guest

    Subject: Can't get to Bios
    Date: 4 Feb 2005 15:42:05 -0800

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/3mdhu
    , Feb 6, 2005
  10. Puzzled

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    | On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:08:35 -0500, "Puzzled" <>
    | wrote:
    |
    ||> The computer is a Compaq Presario 1805-S254 desktop.
    |

    | Subject: Can't get to Bios
    | Date: 4 Feb 2005 15:42:05 -0800

    If that doesn't work, maybe this will help:

    Most definitive reply to that post was this:

    So, it seems to be the F10 right after the cursor moves from the left top of
    the screen to the right top, or the del key.
    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  11. william wrote:

    > when booting you're pc press del

    That depends on the BIOS.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 6, 2005
  12. Puzzled

    Mellowed Guest

    I found this in my archives. For what it's worth.
    ======================
    BIOS setup keystrokes

    The first item is the key or key combination.
    The second is the model of PC or the maker of the BIOS.

    You'll see some companies listed many times, with different keystrokes.
    That's normal. (It's not that manufacturers can't make up their minds. It's
    just that they change suppliers and use different BIOS setups.)

    Delete: AMI or Award BIOS.
    Esc: Toshiba
    F1: Toshiba; Phoenix; some IBM PS/1 models.
    F10: Compaq.
    F2: NEC.
    Insert: IBM PS/2.
    Tab: eMachines.
    Reset button (press twice): Some old Dells.
    Ctrl-Alt-+: Various computers.
    Ctrl-Alt-?: Some old IBM PS/2 models.
    Ctrl-Alt-Enter: Some Dells, others.
    Ctrl-Alt-Esc: AST, Tandon, others.
    Ctrl-Alt-Ins: Zenith PCs, Phoenix BIOS.
    Ctrl-Alt-S: Phoenix BIOS.
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift with Del (on number pad): Olivetti.
    Ctrl-Esc: Many PCs.
    Ctrl-Ins: Some IBM PS/2s.
    Ctrl-S: Phoenix BIOS.
    Ctrl-Shift-Esc: Tandon

    ============================

    Mellowed, Feb 7, 2005
  13. Mellowed, <>, the dull, guts-griping clod, and
    contractor of labourers at cheap rate of pay, exhausted:

    > I found this in my archives. For what it's worth.
    > ======================
    > BIOS setup keystrokes
    >
    > The first item is the key or key combination.
    > The second is the model of PC or the maker of the BIOS.
    >
    > You'll see some companies listed many times, with different
    > keystrokes. That's normal. (It's not that manufacturers can't make up
    > their minds. It's just that they change suppliers and use different
    > BIOS setups.)
    >
    > Delete: AMI or Award BIOS.
    > Esc: Toshiba
    > F1: Toshiba; Phoenix; some IBM PS/1 models.
    > F10: Compaq.
    > F2: NEC.
    > Insert: IBM PS/2.
    > Tab: eMachines.
    > Reset button (press twice): Some old Dells.
    > Ctrl-Alt-+: Various computers.
    > Ctrl-Alt-?: Some old IBM PS/2 models.
    > Ctrl-Alt-Enter: Some Dells, others.
    > Ctrl-Alt-Esc: AST, Tandon, others.
    > Ctrl-Alt-Ins: Zenith PCs, Phoenix BIOS.
    > Ctrl-Alt-S: Phoenix BIOS.
    > Ctrl-Alt-Shift with Del (on number pad): Olivetti.
    > Ctrl-Esc: Many PCs.
    > Ctrl-Ins: Some IBM PS/2s.
    > Ctrl-S: Phoenix BIOS.
    > Ctrl-Shift-Esc: Tandon

    Plagiarised entirely from:
    http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec020203.html
    Worig the finger-manoeuvrer, Feb 7, 2005