    How do you access a different server in .net? I need to access files on
    another server other than the server which the application is running on.

    cheers

    Maria, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Access to what? system files or databases? in any case, you should know how
    the other server/company has the website structure or the connection
    parameters. The connection should change only in the authentication
    parameters (user id and password) but also, might change in how the fisical
    structure of the site is.

    You have to find out with the company that hosts the server or site

    I hope this is helpful

    Victor Guillen, Jun 16, 2005

  3. I have worked with three web hosting companies and all three have different
    ways to access the server, and that's why I'm telling you that you have to
    find out how they have configured the authentication or access to their
    servers or sites

    Victor Guillen, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Victor,
    I just want to access a list of word documents on one of our servers (not
    another company's server). I just need to know how to declare the new server
    object.

    Maria, Jun 17, 2005