    TIA

    Jim

    , Nov 26, 2007

  2. yogi22 Guest

    Re: How tell T-bird a daily e-mail news digest is NOT a scam

    On Nov 26, 10:36 am, wrote:
    > I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.13. The last update was several months
    > ago, but beginning about two weeks ago every day when I get an e-mail
    > digest from the Chicago Tribune, it warns me that it things "this is a
    > scam". I keep telling it no, but each day the same message pops up
    > above the e-mail. The sender address is always the same; I don't have
    > a past message, but the "reply to" address has some additional numbers
    > in it and may change daily.
    >
    > Is there any way to permanently convince Thunderbird this message is
    > not a scam?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Jim

    Tools > Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Tell me if the message I'm
    reading is a suspected email scam"

    This will disable this "feature" from all messages received. However,
    I found, like you, that this "feature" gave lots of false positives,
    but missed the very few Nigerian scams that still occasionally make it
    past my ISP's filters. IOW, I think this "feature" is a PITA
    kk

    yogi22, Nov 26, 2007

  3. Re: How tell T-bird a daily e-mail news digest is NOT a scam

    yogi22 wrote:
    > On Nov 26, 10:36 am, wrote:
    >> I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.13. The last update was several months
    >> ago, but beginning about two weeks ago every day when I get an e-mail
    >> digest from the Chicago Tribune, it warns me that it things "this is a
    >> scam". I keep telling it no, but each day the same message pops up
    >> above the e-mail. The sender address is always the same; I don't have
    >> a past message, but the "reply to" address has some additional numbers
    >> in it and may change daily.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to permanently convince Thunderbird this message is
    >> not a scam?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Jim

    > Tools > Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Tell me if the message I'm
    > reading is a suspected email scam"
    >
    > This will disable this "feature" from all messages received. However,
    > I found, like you, that this "feature" gave lots of false positives,
    > but missed the very few Nigerian scams that still occasionally make it
    > past my ISP's filters. IOW, I think this "feature" is a PITA
    > kk

    unfortunately, the scam feature is not trainable [yet] like
    the junk filters are.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 26, 2007