    This suggests that I must reboot each time I want to enable/disable
    the real-time checker. Surely I don't need to do that?

    I am running the latest version 6.28 released in the last week or so.
    David Peters, Oct 27, 2004

  2. David Peters

    madmax Guest

    David Peters wrote:
    > This is a newbie question about AntiVir PE.
    >
    > How do I enable/disable the real-time checker? Is it possible to
    > enable/disable it while I am in XP?
    >
    > All I can find is this option. First I run:
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PE\AVWIN.EXE"
    >
    > and then go to Options > Configuration > Miscellaneous > Load The
    > Guard At System Start.
    >
    > This suggests that I must reboot each time I want to enable/disable
    > the real-time checker. Surely I don't need to do that?
    >
    > I am running the latest version 6.28 released in the last week or so.

    I don't use it but have you tried to right click the icon on your
    taskbar? It should give you options. Also you can use the "3 finger
    salute" and turn it off with task mgr.
    -max

    --
    To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros
    madmax, Oct 28, 2004

  3. David Peters

    KHaled Guest

    madmax <> wrote in

    > David Peters wrote:
    >> This is a newbie question about AntiVir PE.
    >>
    >> How do I enable/disable the real-time checker? Is it
    >> possible to enable/disable it while I am in XP?
    >>
    >> All I can find is this option. First I run:
    >>
    >> "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PE\AVWIN.EXE"
    >>
    >> and then go to Options > Configuration > Miscellaneous >
    >> Load The Guard At System Start.
    >>
    >> This suggests that I must reboot each time I want to
    >> enable/disable the real-time checker. Surely I don't need
    >> to do that?
    >>
    >> I am running the latest version 6.28 released in the last
    >> week or so.

    > I don't use it but have you tried to right click the icon
    > on your taskbar? It should give you options. Also you can
    > use the "3 finger salute" and turn it off with task mgr.
    > -max

    I use the right mouse button to do that, and no reboot
    needed.. but there is something wrong.. I have set the
    options for it to protect on boot, and yet it does not. I
    have to do it manually every time.

    ?? what is a 3 finger salute ??

    KHaled.
    KHaled, Oct 28, 2004