    sound right.

    But putting five speakers in five corners doesn't align the sound right either,
    since it's an octagonal shaped room.
    Waterperson77, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Waterperson77

    Richard C. Guest

    "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    : I'm wondering how I should hook up my Dolby/DTS surround sound system in this
    : room?
    :
    : I usually put it so the front center and subwoofer is where the tv is at, and
    : the other four speakers in the four corners of the room.
    :
    : But the room that I'm currently staying in is an octagonal shaped room which
    : has five corners, instead of four.
    :
    : And putting the four speakers in only four of the corners doesn't align the
    : sound right.
    :
    : But putting five speakers in five corners doesn't align the sound right either,
    : since it's an octagonal shaped room.
    :
    =================
    is it an octagonal shaped room?
    Richard C., Dec 14, 2003

  3. Waterperson77

    Skid Guest

    > I'm wondering how I should hook up my Dolby/DTS surround sound system in

    this
    > room?
    >
    > I usually put it so the front center and subwoofer is where the tv is at,

    and
    > the other four speakers in the four corners of the room.
    >
    > But the room that I'm currently staying in is an octagonal shaped room

    which
    > has five corners, instead of four.
    >
    > And putting the four speakers in only four of the corners doesn't align

    the
    > sound right.
    >
    > But putting five speakers in five corners doesn't align the sound right

    either,
    > since it's an octagonal shaped room.

    Not the best group to post. If the room has five corners, it's not
    octagonal. In any case, speaker placement should be the same as before.

    Center over or under the screen, directly in front of your viewing position.
    Mains at equal distances on either side, on the same plane, roughly as far
    apart as you are from the screen, at a height where the tweeters are at ear
    level. Rears parallel to the mains so they form a rectangle with you more or
    less in the middle. The sub can go just about anywhere, bass is
    non-directional, but try corners and different disatnces from the wall to
    make sure it's not muffled. There are good speaker-placement diagrams at the
    Dolby site and any number of home theater pages.
    Skid, Dec 14, 2003
  4. On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:11:09 GMT, "Skid" <>
    wrote:

    >Center over or under the screen, directly in front of your viewing position.
    >Mains at equal distances on either side, on the same plane, roughly as far
    >apart as you are from the screen, at a height where the tweeters are at ear
    >level. Rears parallel to the mains so they form a rectangle with you more or
    >less in the middle. The sub can go just about anywhere, bass is
    >non-directional, but try corners and different disatnces from the wall to
    >make sure it's not muffled. There are good speaker-placement diagrams at the
    >Dolby site and any number of home theater pages.

    He is a troll, he just slithered back here under a different handle.
    Your hard work in describing this to him will not be appreciated by
    him, he does not care. He just wants as many people as possible to
    point out that octagonal does not mean five corners.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 14, 2003
  5. Waterperson77

    Skid Guest

    "Mischa van Dinter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:11:09 GMT, "Skid" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Center over or under the screen, directly in front of your viewing

    position.
    > >Mains at equal distances on either side, on the same plane, roughly as

    far
    > >apart as you are from the screen, at a height where the tweeters are at

    ear
    > >level. Rears parallel to the mains so they form a rectangle with you more

    or
    > >less in the middle. The sub can go just about anywhere, bass is
    > >non-directional, but try corners and different disatnces from the wall to
    > >make sure it's not muffled. There are good speaker-placement diagrams at

    the
    > >Dolby site and any number of home theater pages.
    > >

    > He is a troll, he just slithered back here under a different handle.
    > Your hard work in describing this to him will not be appreciated by
    > him, he does not care. He just wants as many people as possible to
    > point out that octagonal does not mean five corners.

    Thanks for the note. But I don't think it's ever a waste to post useful
    information. Even if the OP is a troll, or just too thick to get it,
    somebody else in the vastness of cyberspace may stumble across it and find
    it helpful.
    Skid, Dec 14, 2003