    card. How I can set OIDs 802.11 from user mode? What functios I need?
    How do I use that functions?
    Can I use DeviceIoControl with IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL_STATS? How?
    noeftv, Apr 4, 2005

  2. noeftv

    Pavel A. Guest

    "noeftv" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I am using Windows Xp sp1 ddk and I need set some OIDs of my wireless
    > card. How I can set OIDs 802.11 from user mode? What functios I need?
    > How do I use that functions?
    > Can I use DeviceIoControl with IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL_STATS? How?

    No. IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL_STATS by design can not set OIDs, only get.
    You can try WMI to set some 802.11 OIDs.
    --PA
    Pavel A., Apr 6, 2005

  3. noeftv

    noeftv Guest

    "Pavel A." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "noeftv" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > I am using Windows Xp sp1 ddk and I need set some OIDs of my wireless
    > > card. How I can set OIDs 802.11 from user mode? What functios I need?
    > > How do I use that functions?
    > > Can I use DeviceIoControl with IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL_STATS? How?

    > No. IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL_STATS by design can not set OIDs, only get.
    > You can try WMI to set some 802.11 OIDs.
    > --PA

    Hello,
    I can query/set OID 802.11 with NDISUIO.
    I'm usinig NDISUIO for query/set from user mode.
    I want to set some OID but first I want query some OID like SSID.The
    code is below but it's wrong because when I call GetLastError()after
    DeviceIoControl, GetLastError() return 1.What happen?
    Can you tell me what happen? and Can you tell where is the Ssid?
    Please, help me!!!!

    hAndle = CreateFile(devicename,
    GENERIC_READ|GENERIC_WRITE,
    0,
    NULL,
    OPEN_EXISTING,
    FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,
    (HANDLE)INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE);

    dwErr = GetLastError();
    printf ("\nError al ejecutar CreateFile: %d \n", dwErr);

    //OID_802_11_SSID//
    //Query using NDISUIO//
    UCHAR QueryBuffer[sizeof(NDISUIO_QUERY_OID)+
    sizeof(NDIS_802_11_SSID)];
    PNDISUIO_QUERY_OID pQueryOid;

    pQueryOid = (PNDISUIO_QUERY_OID)&QueryBuffer[0];
    pQueryOid->Oid = OID_802_11_SSID;

    bl= DeviceIoControl (hAndle,
    IOCTL_NDISUIO_QUERY_OID_VALUE,
    &QueryBuffer[0],sizeof(QueryBuffer),
    &QueryBuffer[0],sizeof(QueryBuffer),
    &dwReturned,
    NULL);

    dwErr = GetLastError();
    printf ("\nError al ejecutar DeviceIoControl: %d \n", dwErr);
    noeftv, Apr 12, 2005