    improve security?

    Thanks for your input.

    Tim
    Tim Walters, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Tim Walters

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-10, Tim Walters <> wrote:

    > Just how secure are Skype conversations? Is there anything I can do to
    > improve security?

    According to Skype their protocol ensures completely secure phone calls
    between Skype users. Once out on the PSTN they are as secure as any
    other call.

    The definitive place to find information and discussion on this is in
    the forums on www.skype.com.

    Brian.
    Brian, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Tim Walters wrote:
    > Just how secure are Skype conversations? Is there anything I can do to
    > improve security?
    >
    > Thanks for your input.
    >
    > Tim

    You should be fine Your Royal Highness ;-)
    Resident Drunk, Aug 10, 2006
  4. Tim Walters

    alexd Guest

    Tim Walters wrote:

    > Just how secure are Skype conversations? Is there anything I can do to
    > improve security?

    As with any other IP-based protocol, perhaps you could tunnel it over a VPN
    to add known encryption. I'm not entirely sure how Skype behaves on a
    closed network - it's peer-to-peer so in theory there shouldn't be a
    problem, but I've never actually tried it myself so who knows...

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    22:37:34 up 18 days, 3:59, 3 users, load average: 0.23, 0.13, 0.37
    alexd, Aug 11, 2006
  5. Tim Walters

    news.rcn.com Guest

    >> Just how secure are Skype conversations? Is there anything I can do to
    >> improve security?

    > As with any other IP-based protocol, perhaps you could tunnel it over a
    > VPN
    > to add known encryption. I'm not entirely sure how Skype behaves on a
    > closed network - it's peer-to-peer so in theory there shouldn't be a
    > problem, but I've never actually tried it myself so who knows...

    I reckon the standard test is that the competitors have been paying the
    media MONEY to spread snake-oil rumours and conjecture about how secure they
    aren't.
    news.rcn.com, Aug 20, 2006
  6. Tim Walters

    alexd Guest

    "news.rcn.com" <news.rnc.com> wrote:

    >>> Just how secure are Skype conversations? Is there anything I can do to
    >>> improve security?

    >> As with any other IP-based protocol, perhaps you could tunnel it over a
    >> VPN
    >> to add known encryption. I'm not entirely sure how Skype behaves on a
    >> closed network - it's peer-to-peer so in theory there shouldn't be a
    >> problem, but I've never actually tried it myself so who knows...

    > I reckon the standard test is that the competitors have been paying the
    > media MONEY to spread snake-oil rumours and conjecture about how secure
    > they aren't.

    Interesting. Do you have any evidence to back this up?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:11:45 up 26 days, 23:33, 3 users, load average: 0.52, 0.43, 0.19
    alexd, Aug 20, 2006
  7. Tim Walters

    Williams

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    As for recording skype calls i use talkaide. com TalkAide for Skype. I always record my interviews with it's help.
    Williams, Jan 17, 2011