    appearing at photokina be?

    Or is it likely that a 1ds sucessor be likely to come first on the canon
    roadmap
    alan peters, May 4, 2004

  2. alan peters

    Skip M Guest

    Only in digital would 3 years old be considered "Ancient." I believe the
    sensor in the 10D is not the same as the D60's, at least that is what
    Canon's website implies.
    http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/digital/f_index.html

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, May 4, 2004

  3. alan peters

    BG250 Guest

    What makes the difference? Look at the image quality. Canon has got it down
    pat with the sensor and the Digic processor. No other 6MP SLR camera
    produces such fine images with minimal artifacts - not even the D70. Okay,
    the digital Rebel does because it has the same sensor and processor.
    bg

    BG250, May 4, 2004
  4. alan peters

    Mark M Guest

    > Im gonna go digital but do not want to get a 10d as its using the same
    > sensor as the ancient d60 (correct me if this is untrue). Isnt this
    > sensor like 3 years old?
    >
    > Anyone know what the chance of a 10d succesor based on a digic2
    > appearing at photokina be?

    Digic refers to the processor...not the sensor itself.
    Mark M, May 5, 2004
  5. alan peters

    chibitul Guest

    In article <>,
    "BG250" <> wrote:

    > What makes the difference? Look at the image quality. Canon has got it down
    > pat with the sensor and the Digic processor. No other 6MP SLR camera
    > produces such fine images with minimal artifacts - not even the D70. Okay,
    > the digital Rebel does because it has the same sensor and processor.
    > bg

    could you please explain why are the 10D's (or dRebel's) images superior
    to let's say Nikon D100 or Pentax *istD images? let's assume all are
    shot in RAW mode in similar conditions with best quality lens for each
    brand. Thanks.
    chibitul, May 5, 2004