    announced on 16-Sep-04 which suggests to me that it may be due an update.
    Does anyone know how often Nikon update their cameras?
    Thanks.

    M, Dec 30, 2006

  2. Re: How often to Nikon update their models - Nikon Coolpix 8800

    M wrote:
    > I am in the market for a SLR-like camera and I am particularly
    > impressed with the Nikon Coolpix 8800. According to dpreview.com
    > this camera was announced on 16-Sep-04 which suggests to me that it
    > may be due an update. Does anyone know how often Nikon update their
    > cameras? Thanks.

    I think that Nikon realised that these cameras were so good that they were
    eating into their much more profitable DSLR market, and they have quietly
    dropped the higher-end non-SLR cameras. Look to makers like Panasonic,
    now, who are providing excellent kit, with similar specifications, at a
    fraction of Nikon's price. Even Kodak are offering both a 24mm eq. camera
    and an image-stabilised long zoom model.

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 30, 2006