    Screen of... even though I would be working with a DI Image.

    I know there is a way to deal with this. Can someone tell me, please, or
    steer me to the appropriate documentation? Thanks.

    Lawrence Rottersman, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Lawrence Rottersman

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:59:39 GMT, Lawrence Rottersman
    <> wrote:

    >I'm about to upgrade my Pentium 111 to a lV with a big jump in CPU
    >speed. When I've done upgrades like this in the past I have never been
    >able to migrate my C partition; instead I'd get the Blue
    >Screen of... even though I would be working with a DI Image.
    >
    >I know there is a way to deal with this. Can someone tell me, please, or
    >steer me to the appropriate documentation? Thanks.

    See if it will boot up in the safe mode. If it does, try installing the
    motherboard drivers while in the safe mode. I've had some success doing it
    this way.

    Unk, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Lawrence Rottersman

    pcbutts1 Guest

    To go from a P3 to a P4 you need a new motherboard and ram. Using an image
    will most likely always cause a blue screen because it has the wrong
    drivers. Instead of using an image just delete the enum key in the registry,
    switch HD's and let it re-detect everything on boot up.

    pcbutts1, Dec 24, 2003
  4. In article <kBaGb.17620$>,
    says...
    > To go from a P3 to a P4 you need a new motherboard and ram. Using an image
    > will most likely always cause a blue screen because it has the wrong
    > drivers. Instead of using an image just delete the enum key in the registry,
    > switch HD's and let it re-detect everything on boot up.

    Hi, and thanks. What you say makes sense to me. LarryR

    Lawrence Rottersman, Dec 24, 2003