    Also, I really wish comptia would make that sort of information easier
    to find on their website.

    , Feb 4, 2005

  2. Jamco Guest

    i think you get something stupid like 90 minutes.
    It took me less then 1 hour to register and write BOTH tests, so time should
    not be an issue

    Jamco, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Guest

    I'm sorry I must not have been clear. I don't mean how many minutes do
    you have to complete the exam.

    The A+ exam has two parts, to complete the certification, both parts
    much be completed within a certain number of days. I think it may be 30
    days.

    Let's suppose I take one test today 03-Feb-05. How long will I have to
    take the other exam and complete the certification?

    , Feb 4, 2005
  4. Jason Guest

    honestly im not too sure but its gotta be longer than 2 months. i am
    currently in a vocational school right now and completed the first half
    of the exam about 3 weeks ago. now i am studying for OS and am about 2
    weeks away from taking the next exam. are you thinking of taking a
    sabbatical or sumthing and coming back to complete the next half :D lol
    j/k but in all honestly unless your planning on going away for a LONG
    time your should be fine.

    Jason

    Jason, Feb 4, 2005
  5. <> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry I must not have been clear. I don't mean how many minutes do
    > you have to complete the exam.
    >
    > The A+ exam has two parts, to complete the certification, both parts
    > much be completed within a certain number of days. I think it may be 30
    > days.
    >
    > Let's suppose I take one test today 03-Feb-05. How long will I have to
    > take the other exam and complete the certification?

    You'll have a very long, but indeterminite, amount of time. The only
    problem you'd ever run into is if they updated the A+ exams...then they'd
    have a grace period (probably about 6 months after it's announced) to
    complete the second part before you had to take both of them again. Seeing
    as how they updated the tests relatively recently, you shouldn't run into
    this problem. As long as you aren't planning to take 2 years off between
    tests, I wouldn't worry about it.

    Patrick Michael, Feb 5, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > I'm sorry I must not have been clear. I don't mean how many minutes do
    > you have to complete the exam.
    >
    > The A+ exam has two parts, to complete the certification, both parts
    > much be completed within a certain number of days. I think it may be 30
    > days.
    >
    > Let's suppose I take one test today 03-Feb-05. How long will I have to
    > take the other exam and complete the certification?

    The official answer is that the old 90 day time limit is gone. You must
    pass both exams from the same set of objectives though.

    Right now A+ is using the 2003 objectives. As long as both exams are
    from the 2003 objectives, you're ok.

    I would say you have plenty of time to pass both exams before the
    objectives would change again.

    That said, it seems like A+ might be getting due for a freshening up
    sometime in the next 18 months or so. That's if they stick with the 3
    year cycle like the past two "updates" to A+.

    One change was in 2000. The most recent in 2003. Is 2006 next???

    Just thinking out loud......

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing
    A+, Network+, Server+

    John P. Dearing, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Guest

    > The official answer is that the old 90 day time limit is gone. You

    must
    > pass both exams from the same set of objectives though.

    You are probably right. But, is there any way you could provide a link,
    or another source? I want to be careful about this.

    , Feb 5, 2005