    Does anyone know how much temporary storage space IE 6 uses for web caching
    by default? I know for folder offline files it's 10% but I'm not sure about
    IE.
    JD, Jul 27, 2004

  2. JD wrote:
    > Does anyone know how much temporary storage space IE 6 uses for web caching
    > by default? I know for folder offline files it's 10% but I'm not sure about
    > IE.

    You can see what you're set at under 'Tools' and 'Internet Options' then
    'Settings'. Those are the Temporary internet files.

    The history (caching) defaults to 20 days. I don't think there is a
    space limit on that.

    --

    http://www.safercomputing.com <-- keep your computer safe and secure
    the easy way!
    Tom - safercomputing.com, Jul 27, 2004

  3. JD

    °Mike° Guest

    It's 10% for temporary internet files (IE), too.

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:19:32 GMT, in
    <8ouNc.1244499$>
    JD scrawled:

    >Does anyone know how much temporary storage space IE 6
    >uses for web caching by default? I know for folder offline
    >files it's 10% but I'm not sure about IE.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 27, 2004
  4. JD

    James Guest

    you are in IE6, go to tools, then Internet options, then click settings and
    hey presto it says temporary internet files and you specify the amount of
    space to use.

    set it high if you have large disk space and delete it regularly

    James, Jul 27, 2004
  5. JD

    JamesBenson Guest

    What you talking about mike
    As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
    stood next to them

    JamesBenson, Jul 29, 2004