    Anyone know?

    Thanks
    ~Alan

    Alan, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Alan

    if Guest

    Alan <> wrote:

    > I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
    > but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
    > memory

    I don't know about that specific model, but if you turn on all the on-
    screen clutter to the maximum possible you should get a 3 or 4 digit number
    which represents approximately how many pictures you have space for, on my
    camera it's next to the battery status icon.

    You can verify you're looking at the correct item by seeing if the number
    goes down when you take a couple of pictures.

    if, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Alan

    Calvin Guest

    In article <Xns994AC603F6F48A3D9@212.23.3.119>,
    if <> wrote:

    > Alan <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
    > > but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
    > > memory

    > I don't know about that specific model, but if you turn on all the on-
    > screen clutter to the maximum possible you should get a 3 or 4 digit number
    > which represents approximately how many pictures you have space for, on my
    > camera it's next to the battery status icon.
    >
    > You can verify you're looking at the correct item by seeing if the number
    > goes down when you take a couple of pictures.

    I have the TZ1 and I'll assume that the menu for the TZ3 is the same.....
    press the "display/LCD Mode" button until the battery indicator is in
    the upper right corner of the display. below the battery is the number
    of photos remaining.
    OR

    press the right button in the circular menu buttons will display the
    same info.

    Calvin, Jun 10, 2007
  4. On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:51:21 -0500, Calvin wrote:
    > if <> wrote:
    >> Alan <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
    >> > but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
    >> > memory

    >> I don't know about that specific model, but if you turn on all the on-
    >> screen clutter to the maximum possible you should get a 3 or 4 digit number
    >> which represents approximately how many pictures you have space for, on my
    >> camera it's next to the battery status icon.
    >>
    >> You can verify you're looking at the correct item by seeing if the number
    >> goes down when you take a couple of pictures.

    > I have the TZ1 and I'll assume that the menu for the TZ3 is the same.....
    > press the "display/LCD Mode" button until the battery indicator is in
    > the upper right corner of the display. below the battery is the number
    > of photos remaining.
    > OR
    >
    > press the right button in the circular menu buttons will display the
    > same info.

    But, of course, it's only a Very Good estimate. It it displays "300",
    you may be able to shoot 300 more pictures. But, then again, you may
    only get 280. Or, maybe you'll still be shooting after 320 shots.

    If you always shoot with the lens cap on (like I do when using the
    optical viewfinder), you'll probably be able to shoot a 1,000
    or more additional "images". :)

    The estimate becomes a lot more dependable as you get closer to Low
    Numbers.

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux