    in. I have 2 years IT experience and I'm working toward
    my Bachelors in Computer Science.

    Any Comments are appreciated.

    ADAM, Apr 26, 2004

  2. ADAM

    Brian Guest

    I just passed my A+ as well, but I just started a new job
    with a pretty big company that values experience more than
    certs, so I've yet to receive anything but a pat on the
    back. I don't know where you live at which can have a
    different market than here in Seattle which still sucks. I
    only make $15/hr btw, but I was making $12 doing the same
    thing at my last job with no experience. I'd be interested
    to know where you're looking for work at and how the
    market is there. Good luck on your interview!

    -Brian

    Brian, Apr 26, 2004

  3. ADAM

    ADAM Guest

    I have an interview in Orange county area of southern
    California. At my old job with no experience I was making
    $12. I hope to at least make $15 per hour now that I have
    this cert.

    ADAM, Apr 26, 2004
  4. ADAM wrote:
    > *I know this is a little off topic but I have just got my
    > A+ Certification, and I am wondering how much I should
    > expect to get paid. I have a couple of interviews coming
    > up and I just want to get a ball park idea before I go
    > in. I have 2 years IT experience and I'm working toward
    > my Bachelors in Computer Science.
    >
    > Any Comments are appreciated. *

    Adam... I don't know how old this post is, but for anyone readin
    it...I would say $15 - 17/hr is a good starting point depending on wha
    kind of experience you have. If you have more networking experienc
    you can get more. I was in the same boat a few years ago.

    Really highlight the details of the 2 years IT experience and th
    college. I would include some of the areas you've taken classes in o
    your resume.

    Good Luck

    -
    bunni_slipper

    bunni_slipperz, Apr 28, 2004
  5. ADAM

    Mike E. Guest

    FYI: I live in the St. Louis Area and here it is almost
    impossible to get a job with no cert & little or no
    experience. What companies hire people like us? Typically
    when I apply for an IT job, if I get an interview at all,
    I am told that over 100 people are applying for the same
    job. BTW, I have AAS in Data Processing, 4.0 GPA, one and
    a half years on the job experience, but no MS
    certification. I scored 562 on the MCSD exam after
    studying Transcender. Very hard exam. Would A+ exam be
    easier to pass?

    Mike E., May 10, 2004
  6. ADAM

    Earl Guest

    A+ is for hardware techs; MCSD is the top-level certification for advanced
    solution developers (and requires you to pass 4 tests, not 1). Totally
    different skillsets and degree of difficulty. However, if you have no
    hardware background or interest at all, why would you even want to get the
    A+ cert?

    Earl, May 14, 2004
  7. ADAM

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:34:08 -0700, "ADAM"
    <> wrote:

    >I know this is a little off topic but I have just got my
    >A+ Certification, and I am wondering how much I should
    >expect to get paid. I have a couple of interviews coming
    >up and I just want to get a ball park idea before I go
    >in. I have 2 years IT experience and I'm working toward
    >my Bachelors in Computer Science.

    Our entry level is $26,500 a year, and would be about an A+ and a
    year's experience. $13 an hour or so. Other local employers are
    similar, up to about $32,000 a year, $15-16 an hour. But your cert
    isn't what will get you hired, it's your experience.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, May 25, 2004
  8. ADAM

    Mike E. Guest

    I do have a background and interest in hardware. A former
    employer was pushing me in the MCSD direction. He seemed
    to think I had the potential to teach myself Visual Basic,
    study Transcender and a few MS Press books and then pass
    the tests!

    Mike E., May 28, 2004