    DDR2-800 memory. Can anyone please tell me what is the recommended amount
    of RAM for Vista to run smoothly? Thanks in advance.
    Ernie

    Ernie Werbel, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Ernie Werbel

    Boscoe Guest

    "Ernie Werbel" <> wrote in message news:fkefi.426$RZ1.195@trnddc05...
    > Hey all. I am in the process of building a new system. I have been using
    > XP in my current computers and have gotten by with 512MB and 1GB of RAM,
    > but I am told this will hardly be enough for Vista. I plan to purchase
    > Kingston DDR2-800 memory. Can anyone please tell me what is the
    > recommended amount of RAM for Vista to run smoothly? Thanks in advance.
    > Ernie

    Microsoft has been careful not to compel would-be Vista users into changing
    their PCs so minimum recommended spec is 1Gb of RAM and a graphics card with
    128Mb of memory.

    Boscoe, Jun 23, 2007

  3. Ernie Werbel

    Paul Guest

    Ernie Werbel wrote:
    > Hey all. I am in the process of building a new system. I have been using
    > XP in my current computers and have gotten by with 512MB and 1GB of RAM, but
    > I am told this will hardly be enough for Vista. I plan to purchase Kingston
    > DDR2-800 memory. Can anyone please tell me what is the recommended amount
    > of RAM for Vista to run smoothly? Thanks in advance.
    > Ernie

    "Memory in Vista: How much do you need?"
    http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2917&p=3

    Considering the price of RAM, 2x1GB DDR2 is a good start. And
    a motherboard with four RAM slots. If you feel it isn't enough,
    you can put more RAM in the remaining slots later. Try it first
    with 2GB total, and see what you think.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 24, 2007
  4. Ernie Werbel

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Ernie Werbel" <> wrote in message news:fkefi.426$RZ1.195@trnddc05...
    > Hey all. I am in the process of building a new system. I have been using
    > XP in my current computers and have gotten by with 512MB and 1GB of RAM,
    > but I am told this will hardly be enough for Vista. I plan to purchase
    > Kingston DDR2-800 memory. Can anyone please tell me what is the
    > recommended amount of RAM for Vista to run smoothly? Thanks in advance.

    Have you done some kind of hardware compatibility check to see if what
    you're building is going to be Vista compatible?

    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...5ea7-4ad3-be3f-af29f7b48dde1033.mspx?mfr=true

    That's where people start running into problems with Vista is not doing
    their homework upfront in preparing to run Vista hardware or software wise.

    You might want to start posting to Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) like
    General, Setup and Hardware drivers, etc, etc.

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 24, 2007