    better said possible - with the Enterprise [more money] Edition.

    Thanks,
    Manfred

    mabra, Jun 10, 2006

  2. It does not say that, but the chart is rather confusing at best. See the
    whitepaper I wrote at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/x64benefits.mspx.
    For Standard Edition, it is 32GB of RAM. For Enterprise Edition, it is 1TB
    of RAM.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 10, 2006

  3. Which uses 8TBs, Datacenter x64?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2006
  4. Not only that but the limit on virtual memory is something like 128TB.

    > Which uses 8TBs, Datacenter x64?
    > Andre
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    >> It does not say that, but the chart is rather confusing at best. See the
    >> whitepaper I wrote at:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/x64benefits.mspx.
    >> For Standard Edition, it is 32GB of RAM. For Enterprise Edition, it is
    >> 1TB of RAM.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>

    >> "mabra" <mabra@home> wrote in message
    >>> Hi !
    >>>
    >>> According to the server comparison sheet at
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/comparefeatures.mspx,
    >>> "Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard Edition" is listed to only allow 4GB
    >>> of RAM !!! Is it true and is this really possible???? I thought Windows
    >>> XP/x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64 are compiled from the same source??
    >>>
    >>> It was a bit to understand for x86 versions, that support for more than
    >>> 4GB of RAM needs additional support components and was only supported -
    >>> better said possible - with the Enterprise [more money] Edition.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Manfred

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  5. Datacenter and Enterprise both have a _RAM_ limit of 1TB.

    ALL versions of x64 at this point have a _virtual memory address_ limit of
    8TB.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > Which uses 8TBs, Datacenter x64?

    >> It does not say that, but the chart is rather confusing at best. See the
    >> whitepaper I wrote at:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/x64benefits.mspx.
    >> For Standard Edition, it is 32GB of RAM. For Enterprise Edition, it is
    >> 1TB of RAM.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>

    >> "mabra" <mabra@home> wrote in message
    >>> Hi !
    >>>
    >>> According to the server comparison sheet at
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/comparefeatures.mspx,
    >>> "Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard Edition" is listed to only allow 4GB
    >>> of RAM !!! Is it true and is this really possible???? I thought Windows
    >>> XP/x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64 are compiled from the same source??
    >>>
    >>> It was a bit to understand for x86 versions, that support for more than
    >>> 4GB of RAM needs additional support components and was only supported -
    >>> better said possible - with the Enterprise [more money] Edition.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Manfred

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 11, 2006
  6. No, it's 1TB for RAM at this point, and 8TB for virtual memory address space
    per user process. Another 8TB just for the OS itself.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 11, 2006