    Is this normal? Is my PC not OK?
    What can I do to get more memory for the progran I am using?
    Please help!
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIEd1dGE=?=, Sep 5, 2006

  2. This is not about Windows or Microsoft, but your application. If you have
    4GB of RAM (minus the part you can't see because of PCI BIOS issues), you
    should have more than enough to provide sufficient memory for this
    application. For a discussion about how memory works in x64 edition,
    probably the best starting place is this whitepaper:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    Depending on how the program was written and compiled, it may be able to
    access 2 GB of virtual memory address space, or a full 4 GB of virtual
    memory address space. How that memory address space maps to RAM is less
    clear in any given system, but for your purposes probably doesn't matter.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2006