    The unit has had minimal usage. Can someone give me an idea of it's private
    resale value?

    Thanks
    Jack, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Jack

    Brian Guest

    Probably no more than $200.00. The price for a desktop computer today
    (basic) is ranging from $300-500 new, so my guess for one that is almost 2
    years old will not be easy to sell for much more than 50-60% of a new one.
    Brian, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Jack

    Pen Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > Probably no more than $200.00. The price for a desktop computer today
    > (basic) is ranging from $300-500 new, so my guess for one that is almost 2
    > years old will not be easy to sell for much more than 50-60% of a new one.

    He's asking about a Laptop with a 15.4" screen, but he also would
    probably be better served by going to a Dell group.
    Pen, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "Pen" <> wrote in message
    > Brian wrote:
    >> Probably no more than $200.00. The price for a desktop computer today
    >> (basic) is ranging from $300-500 new, so my guess for one that is almost
    >> 2 years old will not be easy to sell for much more than 50-60% of a new
    >> one.

    > He's asking about a Laptop with a 15.4" screen, but he also would probably
    > be better served by going to a Dell group.

    I wasn't aware there was a "Dell" group until checking after reading your
    post. Looks like a lively one.
    Thanks much for your great advice.
    Jack, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Jack

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >A friend is thinking of selling an early 2005 Dell Inspiron 6000 with
    >standard software/hardware; no extra bells and whistles other than wireless
    >mouse.
    > The unit has had minimal usage. Can someone give me an idea of it's
    > private resale value?
    >
    > Thanks

    I'd agree with the earlier estimate at around $200.
    Mark Mandell, Nov 1, 2006