    I assume the 056 number is a landline number??

    Thanks.

    OM

    OM, Sep 21, 2005

  2. OM wrote:
    > I'm really new to all this.
    > I've just signed up for voipfone.
    > The service is just what I've been looking for.
    >
    > I've been given an 056 number.
    > How much does it cost someone to call it??
    > It doesn't seem to say anywhere?
    > Or am I getting confused?
    > I assume the 056 number is a landline number??
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

    I think you will find that its about 3p peak to call 0560 from bt

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 21, 2005

  3. OM

    Brian A Guest

    On 21 Sep 2005 14:32:47 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:

    >I'm really new to all this.
    >I've just signed up for voipfone.
    >The service is just what I've been looking for.
    >
    >I've been given an 056 number.
    >How much does it cost someone to call it??
    >It doesn't seem to say anywhere?
    >Or am I getting confused?
    >I assume the 056 number is a landline number??
    >
    >Thanks.
    >

    >OM

    4.89/2.00/1.18 p/min on BT
    Whether these numbers are inclusive in any of BT's plans I don't know.
    18866 charge the same 'Zero pence per minute' as they do for standard
    landlines.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 22, 2005
  4. OM

    Linus Surguy Guest

    Brian A <> wrote:

    >On 21 Sep 2005 14:32:47 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm really new to all this.
    >>I've just signed up for voipfone.
    >>The service is just what I've been looking for.
    >>
    >>I've been given an 056 number.
    >>How much does it cost someone to call it??
    >>It doesn't seem to say anywhere?
    >>Or am I getting confused?
    >>I assume the 056 number is a landline number??
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>

    >>OM

    >4.89/2.00/1.18 p/min on BT
    >Whether these numbers are inclusive in any of BT's plans I don't know.

    Its only the above rate on a 'BT Standard' line, of which very few exist. For
    most residential users who are on BT Together Option 1, the costs are 3p daytime
    and then 5.5p fixed rate for up to an hour off-peak.

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

    Linus Surguy, Sep 22, 2005
  5. OM

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:53:18 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    wrote:

    >Brian A <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 21 Sep 2005 14:32:47 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm really new to all this.
    >>>I've just signed up for voipfone.
    >>>The service is just what I've been looking for.
    >>>
    >>>I've been given an 056 number.
    >>>How much does it cost someone to call it??
    >>>It doesn't seem to say anywhere?
    >>>Or am I getting confused?
    >>>I assume the 056 number is a landline number??
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>>OM

    >>4.89/2.00/1.18 p/min on BT
    >>Whether these numbers are inclusive in any of BT's plans I don't know.

    >Its only the above rate on a 'BT Standard' line, of which very few exist. For
    >most residential users who are on BT Together Option 1, the costs are 3p daytime
    >and then 5.5p fixed rate for up to an hour off-peak.
    >
    >Linus

    That's interesting. What is a BT 'standard line'?
    I thought the lowest line rental was Option 1.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 22, 2005
  6. On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:30:13 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >That's interesting. What is a BT 'standard line'?
    >I thought the lowest line rental was Option 1.

    business line ?
    LUS ?
    these have standard call charges rather than "Together" rates.

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Sep 22, 2005
  7. OM

    Guest

    <> wrote:

    >That's interesting. What is a BT 'standard line'?
    >I thought the lowest line rental was Option 1.

    It was/is Brian .

    , Sep 22, 2005
  8. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:30:13 GMT, Brian A
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > That's interesting. What is a BT 'standard line'?
    > > I thought the lowest line rental was Option 1. It
    > > was/is Brian .

    There is the Light User Scheme.

    That charges at the standard rate, but you can't have ADSL or any other
    services on it. My mum has it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 22, 2005