    I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.

    On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

    Maybe $10 each? Thanks
    Bill, May 28, 2004

  2. Bill wrote:
    > I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.

    Why?

    > On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

    Consider yourself lucky to get $2-5 for each DVD. I know a place that
    gives either fifty cents each, or a dollar store credit for each DVD,
    and after shopping around I consider that a good deal.

    > Maybe $10 each? Thanks

    ROTFL
    If you find a store willing to pay you this much, let me know. Also
    many stores will not take older movies, so beware. If it was made
    before 1970 you'll have a hard time selling it. Maybe you should sell
    the whole kit and kaboodle in one big package on E-Bay.

    --
    "Hey, I bet people will buy my ugly shirts if I put my name on them."
    --Tommy Hilfiger

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, May 28, 2004

  3. Bill

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    >
    >On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
    >
    >Maybe $10 each? Thanks

    Depends on which titles, and where you sell them.

    With Hollywood selling quite a lot of used DVDs for $5.99, I think
    an average of $10 is awfully optimistic.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Stan Brown, May 28, 2004
  4. Bill

    JWB Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    >
    > On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
    >
    > Maybe $10 each? Thanks

    You *might* get $10.00 for some super special editions or box sets that
    still retail for $30-$60. But it's doubtful. Used DVD's usually retail
    anywhere from $5-$10 (depending on the title), so you could expect to get
    perhaps $3 each.

    You may get more if you try to sell the whole lot on Ebay. But if most (or
    even some) of your titles are mainstream, it's going to be hard to find a
    buyer. I mean, most people already have The Lord of the Rings.

    Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for food,
    it's probably not worth selling them.
    JWB, May 28, 2004
  5. Bill

    HellRazor Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    >
    > On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
    >
    > Maybe $10 each? Thanks

    Depends on the DVD. Out-of-print DVD's can net quite a bit on Ebay,
    depending on the title.

    Otherwise, expect between $5 and $15 per DVD using Ebay. A lot less if
    selling them to a store or something locally.

    HellRazor
    HellRazor, May 28, 2004
  6. Bill

    Big_Orange Guest

    Big_Orange, May 28, 2004
  7. Bill

    luminos Guest

    "Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message news:...
    > Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the ground,

    and
    > the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at

    completed
    > auctions.
    >
    > Search for DVD lots.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46770&item=4190041291

    How stupid are you? Do you read the response that noted the stupidity of
    ebay buyers. No, you didn't.
    luminos, May 28, 2004
  8. Bill

    Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:28:45 GMT, "Bill" <> wrote:

    >I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    >
    >On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
    >
    >Maybe $10 each? Thanks

    A dollar for some little known movie to a hundred or so for a special
    version like Criterion.

    Just search eBay's past auction and find out the average ending price
    for each DVD. Realistically you'd probably get around $500 for the
    whole lot.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
    Impmon, May 28, 2004
  9. You may want to check this site : www.mediaexchange123.com.
    They buy and sell DVD's and have a listing of used DVD's they have for
    sale and also a listing of the DVD's they buy with the prices they
    pay.
    If you type in the UPC code you will get the accurate price this
    company is paying.
    I have personally delt with them a number of times, buying and
    selling, without any problems.
    For what that is worth,
    Hubert.

    Hubert Borrmann, May 28, 2004
  10. Bill

    JWB Guest

    JWB, May 28, 2004
  11. Bill

    HellRazor Guest

    > > Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the ground,

    > and
    > > the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at

    > completed
    > > auctions.
    > >
    > > Search for DVD lots.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46770&item=4190041291

    > so he got $5.60 each, and has to ship free.

    Sounds like between $5 and $15...just like I said. Your mileage will vary.
    HellRazor, May 28, 2004
  12. Bill

    EvilN8 Guest

    I'll give you $300 for 'em all.

    EvilN8, May 28, 2004
  13. Bill

    David Z Guest

    I'm not sure about the US, but here in Australia a DVD which cost US$20 new,
    will easily fetch US$8-US$10 second hand on Ebay.

    A few months ago, I sold Mambo Italiano on Ebay and got US$30 for it.

    David Z, May 28, 2004
  14. Bill

    jayembee Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote:

    > I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    >
    > On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
    >
    > Maybe $10 each? Thanks

    Unless some of them are rare titles/editions, you'd probably
    be better off just donating them to your local library and
    writing it off your taxes.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, May 28, 2004
  15. Bill

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, May 28, 2004
  16. Bill

    Richard C. Guest

    "Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message
    : Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the
    ground, and
    : the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at
    completed
    : auctions.
    :
    : Search for DVD lots.
    :
    :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46770&item=419004
    1291
    :
    :
    ===================
    Looks like that supports the posts that have been made.
    Richard C., May 28, 2004
  17. Bill

    Big_Orange Guest

    "HellRazor" <> wrote in message
    > Sounds like between $5 and $15...just like I said. Your mileage will

    vary.

    You were right on the money, the other two people are just pessimists making
    it up as they go along. EVERY single auction got an average of at least 5.00
    movie some where 7.00. So whoever said 3.00 movie, and fifty cents or 3-5
    is wrong.

    Bottom line it's 5.00+ not 3-5, not .50 it's 5.00++

    B.O.
    Big_Orange, May 28, 2004
  18. Bill

    Mike Kohary Guest

    JWB wrote:
    > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    >>

    > Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for
    > food, it's probably not worth selling them.

    Are you joking? Do the math - even if he gets only $5 per disc and no more,
    that's $500. Heck, at your overly pessimistic $3 prediction, that's still
    $300. If you think that's "essentially worthless", drop me a line so I can
    send you my address, Mr. Blank Check. ;)

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 28, 2004
  19. Bill

    Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 03:49:44 GMT, "JWB" < actually,
    my e-mail is jwb3333 at excite dot com> wrote:

    >so he got $5.60 each, and has to ship free.

    Ship the lot via media mail.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
    Impmon, May 28, 2004
  20. Bill

    JWB Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > JWB wrote:
    > > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > >> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
    > >>

    > > Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for
    > > food, it's probably not worth selling them.

    > Are you joking? Do the math - even if he gets only $5 per disc and no

    more,
    > that's $500. Heck, at your overly pessimistic $3 prediction, that's still
    > $300. If you think that's "essentially worthless", drop me a line so I

    can
    > send you my address, Mr. Blank Check. ;)

    heh heh - yea, I'm rollin' ;)

    But he does take a major hit on what he paid vs. what he gets. Like I said,
    if he needs the $ for food or whatnot, yea, go sell them. But would you sell
    your entire DVD collection for $5 each? I certainly wouldn't. I have a few
    titles I'd move at $5, but no more than that.
    JWB, May 28, 2004