How Much could I get for this computer...

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by AdamC, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. AdamC

    AdamC Guest

    AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    MSI KT4V w/out raid
    256 MB Samsung PC-3200 (DDR 400)
    Maxtor 120GB 7,200RPM Hard drive
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB DDR Full
    Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 2500 (5.1)
    Canon CanoScan N650U scanner
    CD RW 4x4x32
    Liteon DVD-ROM 16X
    D-Link Ethernet card (NIC)
    No Software loaded
    IBM Standard keyboard
    Generic Optical Mouse with scroll

    It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer. This
    doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I eventually will
    because apparently it's just causing problems between my girlfriend and I.

    Thanks

    Adam Correia

    AdamC, Apr 28, 2004

  2. AdamC

    colin Guest

    AdamC <> wrote in message
    > AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    > MSI KT4V w/out raid
    > 256 MB Samsung PC-3200 (DDR 400)
    > Maxtor 120GB 7,200RPM Hard drive
    > ATI Radeon 8500 128MB DDR Full
    > Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    > Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 2500 (5.1)
    > Canon CanoScan N650U scanner
    > CD RW 4x4x32
    > Liteon DVD-ROM 16X
    > D-Link Ethernet card (NIC)
    > No Software loaded
    > IBM Standard keyboard
    > Generic Optical Mouse with scroll
    >
    > It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer.

    This
    > doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I eventually will
    > because apparently it's just causing problems between my girlfriend and I.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam Correia

    Have a look around for another pc that you and the girlfriend can get
    connected with, or find a buyer for her or the pc, or both:)

    colin, Apr 28, 2004

  3. AdamC

    AdamC Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in message

    > Have a look around for another pc that you and the girlfriend can get
    > connected with, or find a buyer for her or the pc, or both:)

    I would ultimately not like to sell it but be the powers direct me in that
    direction. I have brought up the idea of her getting her own but she can't
    afford it. I'm in between jobs right now with one coming up hopefully. If
    I can get the job I just applied for then I'll get her one. But if I don't
    get that job this puppy will have to be sold, unfortuneately.

    We have a network setup here so it would be super easy just to connect her
    to the router we have here. My girlfriend and I have a friend of ours as a
    roommate so we network together on a cable connection.

    Adam

    AdamC, Apr 28, 2004
  4. AdamC

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "AdamC" <> wrote in

    > It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer.
    > This doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I
    > eventually will because apparently it's just causing problems between
    > my girlfriend and I.

    $400

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 28, 2004
  5. AdamC

    colin Guest

    > I would ultimately not like to sell it but be the powers direct me in that
    > direction. I have brought up the idea of her getting her own but she

    can't
    > afford it. I'm in between jobs right now with one coming up hopefully.

    If
    > I can get the job I just applied for then I'll get her one. But if I

    don't
    > get that job this puppy will have to be sold, unfortuneately.

    You`re better off to hang on to it, then get the few dollars that you would
    if you sold it.

    colin, Apr 28, 2004
  6. AdamC

    olfart Guest

    "AdamC" <> wrote in message
    > AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    > MSI KT4V w/out raid
    > 256 MB Samsung PC-3200 (DDR 400)
    > Maxtor 120GB 7,200RPM Hard drive
    > ATI Radeon 8500 128MB DDR Full
    > Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    > Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 2500 (5.1)
    > Canon CanoScan N650U scanner
    > CD RW 4x4x32
    > Liteon DVD-ROM 16X
    > D-Link Ethernet card (NIC)
    > No Software loaded
    > IBM Standard keyboard
    > Generic Optical Mouse with scroll
    >
    > It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer.

    This
    > doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I eventually will
    > because apparently it's just causing problems between my girlfriend and I.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam Correia

    Keep the Computer.
    How much do you want for the girlfriend??

    olfart, Apr 28, 2004
  7. AdamC

    colin Guest

    olfart <> wrote in message

    > "AdamC" <> wrote in message
    > > AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    > > MSI KT4V w/out raid
    > > 256 MB Samsung PC-3200 (DDR 400)
    > > Maxtor 120GB 7,200RPM Hard drive
    > > ATI Radeon 8500 128MB DDR Full
    > > Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    > > Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 2500 (5.1)
    > > Canon CanoScan N650U scanner
    > > CD RW 4x4x32
    > > Liteon DVD-ROM 16X
    > > D-Link Ethernet card (NIC)
    > > No Software loaded
    > > IBM Standard keyboard
    > > Generic Optical Mouse with scroll
    > >
    > > It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer.

    > This
    > > doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I eventually

    will
    > > because apparently it's just causing problems between my girlfriend and

    I.

    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Adam Correia

    > Keep the Computer.
    > How much do you want for the girlfriend??

    lol... free to good home; naah I`m sure she`s a gorgueous (fghgk) that`s
    worth parting with one`s computer for:p

    colin, Apr 28, 2004
  8. AdamC

    JD Guest

    Sell your girlfriend !!

    JD, Apr 28, 2004
  9. AdamC

    Michael-NC Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "AdamC" <> wrote in
    >
    > > It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer.
    > > This doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I
    > > eventually will because apparently it's just causing problems between
    > > my girlfriend and I.
    > >

    > $400

    _Exactly_ the number I was thinking of.

    Michael-NC, Apr 29, 2004
  10. AdamC

    ProfGene Guest

    When you sell a computer does matter as what they are worth decreases within
    a few months. What you can get depends on how savy the people are that you
    are trying to sell it to and what they might want it for. Maybe three to
    five hundred dollars would be in the ballpark since you can get new ones
    with more CPU power for six or seven hundred and with smaller hdds for 400
    or 500 dollars.

    ProfGene, May 2, 2004
  11. AdamC

    fredcromer Guest

    I'll swop you a copy of sonic and space invaders for ya chick, and i'm
    rippin' meself off here!!
    "AdamC" <> wrote in message
    > AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    > MSI KT4V w/out raid
    > 256 MB Samsung PC-3200 (DDR 400)
    > Maxtor 120GB 7,200RPM Hard drive
    > ATI Radeon 8500 128MB DDR Full
    > Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    > Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 2500 (5.1)
    > Canon CanoScan N650U scanner
    > CD RW 4x4x32
    > Liteon DVD-ROM 16X
    > D-Link Ethernet card (NIC)
    > No Software loaded
    > IBM Standard keyboard
    > Generic Optical Mouse with scroll
    >
    > It would be great if someone could give me a price for this computer.

    This
    > doesn't mean I'm going to sell it right here and now but I eventually will
    > because apparently it's just causing problems between my girlfriend and I.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam Correia

    ---

    fredcromer, May 3, 2004